Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Off to see Shooter --
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaylinne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Off to see Shooter -- Reply with quote

Geez, am I totally off my rocker? Am I the only one crazy enough to be really excited, looking forward to seeing this flick??

This movie is gonna be so bad, it's gonna be good!! I'm gonna be rollin' in the aisles at the silly subplots and plot holes. I'm gonna be tossin' popcorn at the screen, groaning at the cheese-y-ness of it all!! And yet, I'll see it twice, and buy the dam DVD when it comes out (in less than a month maybe...LOL!). Why? Because I love the hokiness of it all!! If you don't believe me, then check out the rest of the movie clips, new at the official site:

http://www.shootermovie.com/

It's got every dang cliche in the book! Cool Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing

She's not a nurse, she's a school teacher??!! Can't stand the blood!! Oh, man, Bob Lee, I guess you gotta do triage on yourself! ROTFF, LMFAO!!

Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff. -- Shooter

heatherleigh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been counting the days for the release of this movie! Can't wait until tonight. The only thing helping the day along is Mark on Ellen. That's pretty much a perfect day, Mark on TV in the a.m. and wrapping it up that night with a new movie. Let's all show our support and appreciation for Mark and all the promotion that he's done and go see this movie!! I hope he has the best opening weekend of his career. He deserves it! Very Happy
Kaylinne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Heatherleigh, here I thought I was all alone in my wild craziness! LOL!

Very Happy You'll get no argument from me, Mister Wahlberg is certainly easy on the eyes, and has quite a full and very interesting backstory, but the man is an actor who gets better with each role - and you are right, he deserves our support and appreciation! If we don't get out there to see his flicks, he finds himself without a job!! Shocked Well, okay, maybe it's not that drastic, but if he's willing to put himself out to film something like this, then by all that's holy, I am more than willing to get out and see it! Twisted Evil

First showing up the valley is 1:10 this afternoon - and the whole freakin' day is mine!!! I fully intend to see it twice! Wink

heatherleigh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're funny. Laughing Rest assured, you're not alone! If I could take my five month old I'd be there for the first showing as well! (And the second, and the third.... Wink ) I couldn't agree more, Mark does get better and better with every role. He's the best! I wuv him! Have a great day and we'll compare notes later. I've waited to start the book until after the movie but I'm looking forward to that too.
Kaylinne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heehee, I'm ditchin' my kids - but then they're 19 and 14 years, not months, they can handle it! Laughing

You're on for comparing notes later!

I hope you get the opportunity to read the book. It. Is. Awesome. I'm working my way through the other two books of the Bob Lee Swagger trilogy. My only hope is that we get to see another Bob Lee movie with Mark in the title role again.

heatherleigh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm due to place an order with my friends at Amazon so I'll add that one to my list for sure. It's part of a trilogy, right? I just checked the time and by now you have just about finished watching Shooter. I'm so envious...[sigh] Still have a few hours to go for me...
Kaylinne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you should be just about out of the theater by now... It was totally fun twice and now I have to wait for the DVD. Or the cheap seats theater... Very Happy

If you've read Point of Impact, follow it with Black Light and Time to Hunt, and even Dirty White Boys. Hunter has more titles out involving both Bob Lee and his father Earl. Enjoy!

Wink

MarkIsSleeping

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt go see it i wanted 2 so badly. my dad was working & my mom took forever 2 get up. my niece decide 2 go 2 out 2 dinner. idk if i can surived or not. dont tell me, what happen? just tell me how many people show up for the movie was their more gors or guys or both? did anyone shout Mark Wahlberg? did anyone talk during the movie & u tell 2 zip their lips. so u can hear mark's voice the whole way througfh the movie. im going insane over here.

Kaylinne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkMyBro, I went to the Friday afternoon matinees, at 1 and 4 PM. Mostly had the theater to myself. But that's how I like it - just me and the boys!! Cool Shocked Laughing

It was good, and it will be around for a while - I hope you get to see it soon.

heatherleigh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home. I love, love love, LOVED this movie. Mark was absolutely outstanding as Bob Lee. Fantastic. Awesome. Gotta read the books now. Must see this movie again. It was GREAT! Kaylinne, what did you think of the end (without spoiling it for the others, of course)?

Ahhhh...I am so content right now...[sigh] Very Happy
Chew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o my god u gyz iz sooo luky 2 go c shooter 4 da 1 nite Smile !!!!!!!!!!!!!

me n a cupl ov my frednz wuz gon c it 2moro but now we hav 2 c it mundai cuz 1 ov my frendz hooz cumin wit me 2 c shooter wantz 2 c da hillz hav eyz 2 n my othr 2 frendz iz afrad 2 c it so now i gotta go c da hillz hav eyz 2moro wich sukz Sad

but i need a sum tipe ov xcuse so we can go c shooter 2moro lik wut shud i tell him cuz if i cum up wit sumthin den i can finaly c SHOOTA Very Happy ?!?!

markfan07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it last night. I loved it Mark did a great job.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heatherleigh wrote:
Kaylinne, what did you think of the end (without spoiling it for the others, of course)?

I read the books, I knew how part of it was supposed to end (in the 'court room' with the gun being fired) but the rest - well, you heard that underlying message from the guy in charge... Vigilante justice. Cowboy justice. I have always been a fan of Louis L'Amour and his westerns...so I am not shocked at what happened. Again, this is just a movie, a story. Hollywood. Fiction. Shocked

BTW, Bob Lee Swagger killed many more people in the books than are alluded to here in this movie. Does that make him a bad guy? Where is that line? If you can answer that question, you should be making the rounds on the lecture circuit! Wink

shadywahlberg25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am dyin to see it too! i was supposed to see it Friday but it didnt work out and then i was gunna see it 2nite but my friends wanted to go bowling so im glad im not tha only one thats goin crazy!! but all i kno is that i must see it SOON!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MarkIsSleeping

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw it , i want 2 own it, now & cant wait 2 own it. those means tricking mark 2 do something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Shooter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: