Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
|The Happening| Movie Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Happening
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: |The Happening| Movie Review Reply with quote

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-happening13-2008jun13,0,7985196.story

This may contain spoilers.... I didn't read it ...but for those who don't mind having anything untold told to them then well it's okay; take a read.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: LINKS Reply with quote

http://thehappeningmovie.blogspot.com/
This has alot of stuff. Like 'The Happening' movie reviews (I have not read any - only because I don't want the movie to be spoiled) & heaps of links to other interesting stuff like clips, articles of/from/about 'The Happening'. ENJOY!

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1589098/story.jhtml
This has an article and some interviews with Mark & the director - M. Night Shyamalam.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for sharing Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, I so love this movie! Just came home from watching it and I am still shaking. It is scary and funny and I so wanna watch it again.
nzgirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might go see it tonight so won't read any reviews yet.
Gloria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sonja"]OMG, I so love this movie! Just came home from watching it and I am still shaking. It is scary and funny and I so wanna watch it again.[/quote]

Hi there,

I just arrived home after seeing THE HAPPENING ... I'm not shaking as I didn't find it that scary altho I did look away from some scenes, but overall it wasn't too bad. I love Mark's work & I liked him doing sensitive, but, and this is a big but, the dialogue was dreadful & funny when it shouldn't have been. I disliked Zooey feeling she was miscast & there was no chemistry between them Crying or Very sad . There was good moments from Mark, really lovely ones, I think tho, with a good script, he would have been better. I think Night has to let someone else write his scripts.

Gloria

Sad
Raee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame about the chemistry because well that seems like the only big issue so far and the script. I haven't seen it yet but really want to.

When I first heard of Zooey doing this movie with Mark I was thinking Zooey isn't right for this part because I see her as a comedy actress more than serious/thriller film type but I will give her a chance. I still want to see it and judge it for myself. CAN'T WAIT!!
I'm still hyped, no matter what the critiques say - official or unofficial.

Sometimes movies can reflect on your mood. So if you go with a mood that doesn't quite sit well with the film; you tend to have a bad review on the movie because you didn't have that mood on. Also that sometimes people expect too much and then when they don't recieve anything that they were expecting to get, they again dislike the movie. Which is kind of like when someone is sitting there waiting for a part that really catches them instead of actually GETTING IN with the film, by really taking in every detail. And on some occasions watching a movie the second time - makes you realise it wasn't such a bad film.

I think:
You need a clear mind, a mood that isn't bad, be kind of excited too, pay attention, listen carefully, think, get engaged! (These are my rules for movies) Haha.

Sonja - Sounds like you got into it and enjoyed it - I want to see it and get into it too. Most people always say I get too INTO movies haha. So hopefully I'll have that feeling too. (I really think after these kind of films)

Thanks for sharing your critique on 'The Happening' Gloria.
PS: MAN, I WANT TO GO!!!!!!! Did you know it's rated 'MA+15' here in Australia not 'R'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wsnt 2 thrill abt the movie......i didnt miss 1 thng.....im lke tht ive 2 see it 4 myself. ive 2 see the whole movie, even if its scary......thn lst nite, i culdnt sleep, coz i afraid the evil lady ws gonna throw herself @ my window.....or it culd happen 2 me. Seeing the moive real lte nite, lst nite.......I only sw it, Coz Mark ws in it...if Mark wsnt in the movie.i wuldnt see it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok ok ok enough said the movie was bitt mystry i still love mark but i didnt get it was it the air or the plants?and why they didnt give enough ideas ?btw(i was lughin like crazy when he was talking to plastic tree lol hahahahahhahhahahaahhahahha) Laughing and he was so damn hottieeeee i was melting
ButtercuplovesMark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emily_2000 wrote:
ok ok ok ok enough said the movie was bitt mystry i still love mark but i didnt get it was it the air or the plants?and why they didnt give enough ideas ?btw(i was lughin like crazy when he was talking to plastic tree lol hahahahahhahhahahaahhahahha) Laughing and he was so damn hottieeeee i was melting

me 2......i ws laughng the hardest frm evry1 in tht moive therte..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Happening All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: