Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Still Going to Happen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Mark Wahlberg Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Still Going to Happen? Reply with quote

The Brazilian Job still might happen???

Taken from www.cinemablend.com :
Quote:
The Brazilian Job seemed like such an obvious idea for a sequel, after The Italian Job remake was a hit and the entire original cast even agreed to a second go-round. But years have gone by since the project was announced, and with Mark Wahlberg signing on to what seems like a new project every day, will the gang ever actually make it to Rio?

Donald De Line, who's been working on getting the project off the ground, admits it's been a rocky road, but he's optimistic. "I feel confident we have a good shot to get it made. It is a miracle to get any movie made." At today's junket for I Love You Man he also confirmed that the entire original cast is still interested in making the film, and they've talked to original director F. Gary Gray about reprising his duties. Of course with Mark Mark so busy, they might have to strap him in behind the wheel of a car to get this movie made. But De Line is one determined producer, so I wouldn't leave this project for dead just yet.

Also this, taken from www.comingsoon.net
Quote:
On another note, we were curious whether there was any word on a sequel to De Line's 2003 hit caper remake The Italian Job, which brought together Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Ed Norton, Donald Sutherland, Jason Statham, Seth Green and Mos Def. Over the years, all of them have been asked about whether the proposed sequel The Brazilian Job might happen, and De Line gave hope for it finally rolling forward. "We're trying right now. They all want to do the sequel. We have a version at Paramount that we're talking very serious about, so hopefully, if we're lucky in the next year we can pull it together. They're all very successful and very busy, which is great, but they all have a real affection and passion for that movie, so they want to come back and do another, which is nice. We'll get them together hopefully."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: The Brazilian Job!! Reply with quote

Quite honestly I don't think it will happen, but, more importantly, I don't think it should happen. It becomes about money I think and several years have gone by ... also, I implore you to rent the original The Italian Job, the British movie ... Mark's one was a retelling, and a good one. But it's not as good as the original ... but then I'm a Brit and biased.

I doubt it will ever happen & it would have to be way better than the first...

Cheers!

Gloria Very Happy
Raee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really want to see the original Razz
Michael Caine is a fantastic actor Smile and I'm told by my mother, the original was really good, funny and all that.

I have my doubts about it being made and I do realize it would have be way better than the first. Still no harm in dreaming about a second is there? Smile Although #1 is enough for me, a #2 is an interesting thought.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great if it would happen yeah with the original cast of course
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Mark Wahlberg Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: