Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
rooting for the bad guy??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoT ThE GiGgLeS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2000 3:23 am    Post subject: rooting for the bad guy?? Reply with quote

Is it just me or did any of you through out the movie find youself rooting for Mark? Like when Nicole stabs him in the end, man i got a lil p*ssed ...evil as it sounds. If it had not been Mark I probably wouldn't have rooted for david, but i just did, like i found myself saying "screw you dad! leave with that nice fine thing" LOL yall are probably thinkin im nuts now so ill hush up!

Nicole
Yulinka

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2000 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally see your point. Maybe we are both nuts!lol Mark is just so SEXY in this movie and totally a bad boy which is so attractive to me, and plus he plays a psycho which is always a plus in my book. I think I am really nuts, but hey whatever what floats my boat, right?!!lol
amyleigh_2000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2000 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you both! I thought that it was horrible when that da*n b**ch stabbed him with the peace pipe. I mean they could have at least just locked him up, and not ruined the chance for everyone else not have the chance to experiance the beauty of his foine body and face! I would have left with him and ditched my dad!! Although that might sound bad if he looks good go for it! Did you know that Mark really did go to jail though in real life for 45 days for some racism thing that he denies. I sure as **** believe every word to his pleading guilty!!

------------------
Annie M

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I get what y'all are saying. I kind of wished that they would have worked it out somehow, but David couldn't be trusted, as was proven when he went off and F***ed Margo. I think he did have strong feelings for Nocole, but mainly b/c he couldn't have total control over her. He didn't care about Margo at all. He just did it 'cause he wanted (more) sex and was probably annoyed that Nicole had not gone home with him. I don't blame her for being upset.

On the other hand, when he sent her all those notes and the flowers, I'd probably have caved, especially if I were 16. You don't have a lot of foresight at that age.

When he comes to apologize to the father, I always find myself kind of hoping the Dad will relent, but then I can see his POV, too.
David was only being nice to get what he wanted, and when that did not work, he'd be mean. The REAL him was the one who spoke trash to the Dad when they were alone on the road. He had no respect for anyone.

STILL... it is awfully hard to hate someone as cute, sexy and sometimes sweet as that!!
I, too, wished he could have just gone to prison and been rehabilitated, but for all those killings (the guard, the dog, the other boy), he'd have had big time to serve.

OK, now here is something weird. There are 2 parts of the film which initially made me laugh when I saw them. I don't know why, but they just hit me funny. The first one is when the Dad rushes to lock the door when David is punching in the key-bode, and then he looks thru the peephole. David leans into the peephole with that big-eyed face and yells, "...now let me in the freakin' house!" or something. That face cracked me up!!
The other one is when they are in Nicole's room at the end, and that guy is on her. David pulls him off, and BAM! just shoots him. It was so much like a cartoon that it made me laugh. I mean it happened so fast, they way he shot the guy. I don't know; maybe I'm just ill!!

------------------
Annie M

[This message has been edited by Annie M (edited 23 June 2000).]
Markysgurl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you too. He shouldn't have killed the dog, but anyway, I would have stayed with him cause he is so fine. I would have said spare my family and my friend and I'll be with you. Also I think that the dad shouldn't have trashed Davids house.

------------------
Don't sweat the small stuff,
but if your thinking
about Mark you should be drenched!
Markysgurl

[This message has been edited by Markysgurl (edited 26 June 2000).]
MarkWsgirl23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of you guys notice, that when David came home and saw his house trashed, he had a chuckie doll. I mean, like he picked it up. That's really phscotic. Did anyone notice that. I just thought that was kinda freaky.
MaRkYmArKLoVeRDA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although mark was bad i think he was still sexy and with the his bad staring eyes made me melt. even if he was bad i felt sad when he died
loving marky,
diana
ButaFly050

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2000 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, I definetly found myself rooting for him!! I know this sounds wierd but he is just so likable in that movie (even thought he is a pshycotic killer). When he talks he sounds so smooth. An he looks so cute in the part where he drops Nicole off after she runs away and they "do it" in the car and he says "are you sure you don't wanna come home with me" and then he says " I love you"!!!! When he says i love you he sounds sooooooooo cute i just melted!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Fear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: