Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
If he loved Nicole then why did he do margo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markysgurl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 9:25 am    Post subject: If he loved Nicole then why did he do margo? Reply with quote

If David loved Nicole so much then why did he do Margo?

------------------
Love Mark Always,
Markysgurl
Annie M

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wellll.....the obvious reason would be...

BECAUSE HE'S A MAN! lol!!

I think it was partly b/c he was annoyed that she did not come home with him, even tho they'd already had sex. He wanted total control over her. Also, he wanted control over his whole situation; his friends, everything they did, etc. He did it partly to show the guy "who was boss", also.
He "loved" Nicole in a certain way, but if you look at it realistically, it was not normal. He was almost schizophrenic, the way he would flip from Mr. Nice Guy to Psycho-dude, depending on the circumstances.
He was thinking with his p-e-n-i-s, for one thing, and just being plain old selfish for another. The 4 F's could have been his motto: Find 'em, Feel 'em, F--k 'em, and forget 'em. If Nicole had gone with him, she would have ended up not only a battered wife, but probably dead.
David knew the "mechanics" of love--good sex, sweet talk, flowers, love notes, etc., but not the essence of Love. And that is b/c he never had it for himself, growing up.
It is my opinion that he was trying to control everything and everyone around him b/c he probably had no control when he was a young child, and probably was abused. It is ironic that in this film where he scared the **** out of others, that David McCall was more afraid than any of them.

------------------
Annie M
~StephMW~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK how many of you would want Annie to be your therapist?
Umm I had a question about that too. When Nicole saw Margo and David, why didn't she just go up to him or something. If i saw him...I swear I would not have been able to control myself or my actions ( hehehe) and at least he couldn't have lied cause you saw it all yourself and it wasn't like hearsay!

Steph
lissa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2000 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she was probably just shocked and confused.

------------------
lalala i'll think of a better sig later if i decide to stay, gotta find out bout ya'll!

LaceyVibes did not deserve to die.

mander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he just wanted to have sex and he didnt care who with. I think in his own twisted way he really did love Nicole though.
Melissa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2000 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!!

It's obvious why he did it!! He's freaking crazy!! he and he's friends cut the dogs head!! lol...but it's obvious that David was missing something on his head!! I wonder why he was behind bars!!
KittyKitten13MW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steph did you see the way he was treating margo in that scene in real life would you have gone up to him?actually annie is very insightful and i think she's right
Dominique loves Mark 4eva

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She probably did not confront him because she was scared of him and she was in total shock and i think he did it with Margo couse he`s a guy for 1 and he wanted to get some and nicole would not go home with him so he looked at Margo 4 it also you can tell theres some compitition between him and logon so he took her from him.
MarkWahlbergsNumberOneFan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno if david really loved nicole. remember when she started to be really scared of him and she was at the mall? she went into the bathroom and david follwed her. he said somthing about what love was and said "its not here, or here, but here" and i think most of you would remember where the "here" was..
canada

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I would have to say it is because he is just plain CRAZY! I think that he probably doesnt know what love really is he is obsessive/posessive of nicole and very scared to lose her.

This movie really freaked me out, because when I was sixteen I had a boyfriend that was so much like david, he was controlling, abusive and in the end when I got the courage to leave he harassed and basically stalked me. Thankfully he moved and I havent seen him in over 6years. To make a long story short he would tell me endlessly how much he loved me but would sleep aroung every chance he got. So now that I am older I realize that this was not love at all.

Like I said this movie was very weird for me since there was so many things the same, and ironically my name is nicole...... how scary is that!?!?!
Crissy Smith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think "David" attached himself to "Nicole" because she liked him, loved him maybe and i think that Mark's character was made out to be a guy that did'nt get much love and affection as a child and possibly was abused and with all that rage,regret,sadness, and no control over anything as a child i think "David" attached himself to someone that actually gave him love and affection and he didn't want to lose that and i think he made it clear that he would do anything and everything to pervent losing that love and affection and so he became obsessed with "Nicole" and very posessive toward her with other men because he didn't want to lose her. i think that whole thing with "Margo" was purely control related he wanted control over something and at the same time he wanted sex so control over a women for sex was the answer and if he tried to take control over "Nicole" then "David" would show his dark side which would make "Nicole" leave (meaning he would lose that love and affection) so..... he controlled "Margo" and also a competion between "David" and "Logan" was very clear as well
~Crissy`

[This message has been edited by Crissy Smith (edited June 11, 2001).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Fear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: