Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
More of Mark in the new DVD extras!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Boogie Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MonkD_girl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2000 4:19 am    Post subject: More of Mark in the new DVD extras! Reply with quote

Hey ~

Has anyone else seen the new Boogie Nights DVD Collector's Edition? (It came out in early September 2000.) It has more extras than the first DVD, including more deleted scenes and also an actor's commentary track (with Mark and about all the other main actors in the movie). In the commentary, the director interviews all the actors and just about everybody has been drinking, Mark included. I couldn't believe some of the stuff they talked about! Mark's interview takes place in his own apartment, and he tells this story about when his p*nis "broke" once during sex (his real one, not the prosthetic). It also has the deleted scene where he crashed the Corvette. There is other stuff, too, and I can give details if anybody is interested and doesn't have a DVD player (if you're a fan of BN, then this is definitely a reason to get one!).

MD
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2000 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg! the "***** 'broke" thing made me laugh so hard! to see Mark drunk...lol
damit i don't have a DVD player. so I won't be able to see any of this! could you please tell me some of the other stuff on it?
I would love to see the scene where he crashes the car. I read somewhere that it was actually him crashing...and not a stunt driver? talk about dedication!
thanx for sharing some info
MonkD_girl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the car crash:

Yes, it is Mark actually crashing the car! Becky is getting beat up by her husband, so she calls Dirk to come help her. He's high but he takes off in the Corvette. He is going through some winding roads and he's so high he isn't really paying attention to the road, so he crashes into a pole. PT Anderson says that Mark wasn't supposed to actually crash the car, but at the last minute he just went up to Mark and asked him to, and Mark said yeah. The studio execs didn't know this, of course, so the official story is that Mark's foot just slipped off the pedal (Mark is so cute - in the actor's commentary, PT is egging him on to tell what really happened, but even as drunk as Mark is he is still sticking to that official story, I guess so as not to get anybody in trouble. It shows he can really keep a secret!) Anyway, PT says the real stuntman tried to do the crash over, and he went gunning into the pole but the car just bounced off! PT makes some joke about how Mark could do it easy and the stuntman couldn't. Mark jokes that the stunt guy looked like a "p***y" so he had to do it! LOL (Remember he is drunk by this time, so I am sure he wouldn't say this stuff otherwise).

About the actor's commentary:

It goes back and forth between the actors, so it isn't Mark and PT talking the whole time. But it keeps going back to Mark throughout the whole movie, and his name does come up with the other actors too. Like I said, his part takes place in Mark's apartment and apparently over some beers. Some of the highlights that I can remember:

-- Mark and John Reilly got into this shoving match during the first set of scenes by the pool. Both Mark and Reilly give their versions of what happened (and they are different), but they both say that people were goofing around and throwing marshmallows, and then Mark hit Reilly on the forehead with one, and Reilly went after Mark and they started going at each other. They smoothed things over the next day.

-- PT asks Mark what he and Luis Guzman thought when PT showed them a rough cut of the first 20 minutes of the film. Mark says Luis told him in the car later that he was worried about the movie, but Mark told him not to get too worked up about it till he saw the whole thing. Mark says he knew all along that it would be good. (By the way, Mark does this really great impression of Luis that is dead-on and actually kinda sexy!)

--In the beginning, Mark's phone keeps ringing and PT keeps telling him not to answer it! He does once though and he claims that it's his travel agent. It's not clear if he was for real or just joking, but after that Mark keeps saying that he has to be somewhere, and it sounds like he had to catch a plane. He said he would even fly back to finish at some later date, but PT keeps saying things like, "Ok only a few more questions," and "you can't leave now." So Mark ends up staying through the whole film.

--Mark said he never got, well, excited during any of the sex scenes. But he did make a comment about how he was getting excited just watching the scene where Rollergirl takes Eddie to a back room of the club and, well, you know. (it's hard to tell if they are really watching the movie while talking, so he could have been joking).

-- When they were filming the bedroom scene when Eddie is at the mirror in his underwear, PT kept telling Mark to fix his "cheek leaks" (you can guess what that means). He even comments on what a great butt Mark has. LOL

--Heather Graham says that she didn't follow Mark before Boogie Nights, but that she could totally see why PT hired him for the part (she also called Mark "sexy").

--During the middle, Mark sounds almost like he is going to sleep! LOL He keeps yawning and his voice is so low sometimes you can't really understand what he's saying.

--Mark tells the story about his broken p***s during the final scene of the movie. He also describes how his real one is different from the prosthetic one (but I better not say here what he said! He was probably just joking anyway).

I know some of this stuff may make Mark sound bad, but I didn't take it that way at all. What makes it so great is that it fits the movie so well. You know with any other movie the stars would never have let that stuff be put on a DVD for the public to hear! It's also really funny! It's more entertaining than the movie! LOL And it makes you really appreciate the camaraderie they had.

I'm sure there is other cool stuff I'm forgetting. I will have to watch it again, if you're interested.

MD
ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a laugh! Do you know if I can get this version over here in England or if not through amazon? Thanx for any info.

love ali.
Laura R

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for telling all the details! I don't have a DVD player.
Makin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all very interesting, but as a dedicated fan and out of utmost and honest concern for Mark's health, I believe the REAL issue here is Mark's broken p#*%s. ( If you are one of the 12 year olds on this board, you shouldn't be reading this!)
Oh mi gosh! How the #*$! do you 'break' one anyway. Was it torn apart? Did it get bent? And how? By whom? And why have I never heard about this before? Did he have to go to hospital, and who is the **** lucky nurse who got to 'examine' him. (Oh what I wouldn't give to have her job at that moment!) I believe this is a whole new topic altogether, and am almost beside myself with worry. (Whan I'm trying not to laugh) Is there anybody out there that can assure me that Mark and his genitals are, in fact, in perfect health? For my mental health and safety, I beg you, I need to know if Mark's w#$@y still works!
jordanelmena

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makin-
I must thank you for making me choke on my Ocean Spray Ruby Red juice. I just spent 5 minutes trying not to choke to death (since it's only me and my 2 1/2 year old son, I'd be dead) and also to not spray it all over my computer. LAWD. I 'm getting a DVD player JUST to buy the Boogie Nights DVD version. (Just kidding folks. I was planning on it anyway.) <sigh> I had tears rolling down my cheeks. Thanks for the laugh, Makin. I needed it.
M Factor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Jordanlmena.... I'm at work trying to keep a straight face, however, no-one actually answered your question did they? What I understand the ole broken "p" bit to be (sorry, remember I'm at work, cryptic is necessary) is a blood vessel actually breaks (where it's needed) and this induces a 'broken p' - bit of rest is needed but I don't believe too much else (unless it keeps happening)... I am not a medic in any way - just heard about it before. Why it happens I can't remember... stress? too much exertion (lol) or drugs would be my guess. (not suggesting any of the above with the ole mark boy, as i have no idea... but sounds logical enough!!!

Alright, gotta walk away from the computer without a grin on my face...
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg...first off thank you soo much MD for typing all that great BN DVD info out!! it was so interesting to hear..and **** funny!
second of all thank you makin, jordan, and M! LOL u girls had me rolling! too funny
now for my theory...maybe he meant broke as in...wouldn't work...couldn't...perform.
OK! I'll just come out and say it...maybe he couldnt get aroused?
i cannot believe i am talking about this...sorry Mark please forgive me!! lol
MonkD_girl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are too funny! But not to worry ladies -- apparently Mark and the big kahuna were fine after a few weeks', uh, rest.

Gee, does this mean I have to give the details now??? If I do, am I going to get banned from the message board for life??? lol Maybe I should do it in a private email to whoever is interested. I haven't been posting here long enough to know the rules and I just don't want to embarrass Mark or his family and friends if they happen to see this.

Not that I'm not DYING to share the details...

By the way, Amazon does have it, but I'm not totally sure if you can get it in the UK ... sorry.

MD
jordanelmena

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAWD- I GOTTA hear this. Feel free to e-mail me, MonkD. Puh-leeze. 'Cuz when I meet him ( I have friends that know him), I wanna have this is the back of my mind. As if the whole description above didn't do it. As if, huh? D-A-M-M-I-T, I'm watching Clueless. Well, if people insist on saying I remind them of Stacey Dash, so be it! LOL! My e-mail address is CafeAuLaitDD@aol.com

[This message has been edited by jordanelmena (edited 19 September 2000).]
M Factor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk D you have GOT TO (!!!!) without a doubt send a reply to this spilling all the juicy goss. If it's completely sensitive (ie not for the young ones - and we'll leave that to your discretion), then yes, maybe a 'private' email is the best bet. Then again, if the dude talks about it on DVD (for anyone to buy)... then, maybe we need it VERBATIM!!!!! Poor ole Mark... It recuperated after rest huh... Wonder who made it break in the first place????!!!! (ohmigod) I have got to get away from this PC before I draw everyone's attention to my laughing and them wanting to know why!!!! This is brilliant! Demand an email with the juice (oops sorry pun intended!).
jordanelmena

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confess, it was I who broke the almighty Dirk Diggler-er, uh, mean...Mark Wahlberg. But I fixed it, too! Hehehe. Just kidding. Shoot- if it WAS me, the boy would still be in bed(mumbling). When was that? 1997? Yeah, that's right...(sound familiar?)...ROFL(no, seriously!) LAWD. Puh-leeze. My celibate A-S-S needs to shut up. Tell it, MonkD! Tell it! Can I get an AMEN?
Laura R

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN!
M Factor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got an A-MEN from me too (Sidney Poitier style - if you don't know what I mean then you should see the movie 'Lillies of the Valley')...

But girls (I assume it's all girls who are after the ole Dirk - I think Dirk is probably a nice appropriate cryptic word to use for the 'thang' (as my Nan would have said!).... Sorry I digressed there for a moment dreaming... OKAY - Sorry to disappoint, but as I recounting this to some friends last night (as you do), it suddenly occurred to me that maybe the PROSTHETIC broke not the Dirk.... sob sob. Maybe he doesn't need any help with repairs... I think we need it VERBATIM!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Boogie Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: