Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
The Big Hit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2000 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In MY opinion, Mark has NEVER turned in a bad performance and NEVER WILL. I loved "The Big Hit", and I actually liked it as a film MUCH BETTER than "Boogie Nights". I can watch it and enjoy it over and over, and I cannot say that about BN, b/c it is just a very sad story, despite Mark's excellence.
I do not expect every role he chooses to be as deep as the center of the earth, nor do I think they should be. If he wants to do something "light" it's his choice. I trust his judgment in picking film roles, and do not feel he has done anything to warrabt any criticism, but that's MY opinion.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
------------------
Annie M

P.S. Sorry I got a bit "hot under the collar" there, but I have very little objectivity where Mark is concerned! I know I should just skip over others' negative opinions, cuz everyone is entitled to think what he or she pleases, but I guess it is just my protective instinct to want to jump to his defense! No offense meant either!

[This message has been edited by Annie M (edited 08 May 2000).]
MrKing

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2000 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that this is the first time that I have posted here. I am a big fan of Mark, not as big as you ladies( ). LOL. I also wanted to say that I love "The Big Hit". It was a "Hit" with me. I have seen it three times. My family did not enjoy it quite as much as I did. See you all around! Hey Mr. Dj, don't stop!
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2000 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, did y'all ever notice that Mark and Donnie have both played kidnappers who were kind to their victims?! Awwwwwwww!!

Hi, MrKing, and welcome on (the) board!
Like I said, I like TBH a lot, too! I guess you'd call it a "black comedy". I think you have to have a certain sense of humor to get it, or maybe just be in the mood for that.

Funny you should mention that song... I'm looking for the single of it presently, "Hey, DJ" and "Can't Stop We", I'm looking for. If you have heard of anyone who has them, I could use a clue! See ya!

------------------
Annie M

[This message has been edited by Annie M (edited 24 May 2000).]
CandyluvsMark

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2000 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love that movie soo much...Thats my favorite movie so far too...
Annie M

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2000 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long ago, I bought the soundtrack. I was looking for Marky singles at Sam Goody's and decided to look thru the soundtracks, just in case. "The Big Hit" was the ONLY one I found. There was only 1 copy, so I felt thrilled to come accross it.
Besides the Mark song, "Don't Sleep", I also like the main theme song and the one called "Fun Lovin' Criminal". (At first, I thought that was Mark's too, but it is n't listed that way, so I guess it isn't, but it kinda sounds like it could be his.) I'm hoping I can find some of the other soundtracks now.
It sure is a shame that they never released the "Fear" one though. At work, on the PA ystem, they play music from the last 40 yrs., and lately they have been playing the "Wild Horses" song a lot, by the Sundays.
That is a remake, btw, b/c I remember it being popular when I was in college in the 70s, but I think the Alman Brothers might have sung it back then. Still a good song!

------------------
Annie M

[This message has been edited by Annie M (edited 24 May 2000).]
christina*theoriginal*

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2000 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i Love that song 'fun lovin criminals'
reminds me of my family....lol

honestly though i love that song.

are you looking for soundtracks just from his films or from other films. i have a ton of soundtracks, i love buying them rather than buying the songs from the artists. because now a days you buy a cd from a singer or band and they only have 2 good songs and the rest is cr*p. but on soundtracks you usually get a bunch of really good songs.

anyways..........that's all i had to say.
LaurenR

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the big hit had such a brilliant soundtrack, there weren't a song in the film I didn't like! Lou diamond Philips was exellent (and looking mighty darn cute, I thought I'd add!) and Mark was really good too, his character was so sweet, and though they all made him out to be dumb, he actually wasn't. I thought the ending was nice too.
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an old saying that goes, "Good guys always finish last." I don't know where it comes from, but I'm glad TBH proves it to be WRONG!! Even tho Melvin was made the patsy, he still beat out all of them! He got the money AND the girl! HOO-AH!!
------------------
Annie M
p.s. My fave songs off the soundtrack are: DON'T SLEEP, FUN LOVIN' CRIMINAL, and the title theme from THE BIG HIT.

[This message has been edited by Annie M (edited 27 May 2000).]
aquagirl808

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all! i am new to this place and i just have to say um just like everyone else i LUV this move!!!i seriously watch it all the time and i don't think i'll ever get tired of it. whenever friends come over i make them watch it or i'm always lending it out to people, to educate about the hotness that is mark! BUT, no one seems to love it as much as me..i love the weird humor in it and i'm not sure of any other actor who could pull off mevlin's role like mark! anyway, i don't have the soundtrack but i downloaded practically all the songs from it i especially love the song cruise which plays in the backround while they're waiting for that limo driver to pass by. anyway i luv u all!
Nookie for Mark

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really loved this movie cus Mark has the most sexiest voice and body in the whole entire world. Every time he talked i would just melt in my seat. i also loved it when he had his shirt off. he as the best muscles in the world. every thing about is perfect! who wouldn't resist! he is the hottest papi chulo ever!
bye e-mail me if u have anything to say about my papi chulo Mark!
Annie M

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing "papi chulo" is Spanish, but I'm sorry to say, I'm ignorant as to it's meaning... but I can tell by the context, it was a compliment anyway... lol! That's cool!
If you read this Nookie, you can e-mail me if the translation is too risque to print on a post!

------------------
Annie M
Katie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This movie was great! i love every bit of it! Expecially Mark! I thought it was really funny as well as that i thought it had a good plot and great effects
Luv KT
mst3a

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, you guys are pretty cool people and have nice oppinions.no matter what we aggree or disagree on, we will always have something in comon.......our love and appreciation for Mark Wahlberg

Love always
Tatiana
Annie M

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that is why I always say we are--
"United Thru Mark"...

------------------
Annie M
mst3a

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2000 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats true!

tati
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Big Hit All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: