Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
info plz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 11:31 pm    Post subject: info plz Reply with quote

Since I have watched Fear, I've become a HUGE fan of MW. My questions are, what are the 8 movies out on VHS? The other is, wasn't it his brother who san with the New Kids On The Block???
Annie M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2000 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Q. first--
Yep, Donnie sang w/ New Kids, and Mark was with them for about "five minutes", as he puts it--actually 6 months.

THE FILMS ARE--
The Substitute (TV movie)
Rennaisance Man
The Basketball Diaries
The Traveller
Fear
Boogie Nights
The Big Hit
The Corruptor
Three Kings (COMING IN APRIL)

THEATRICAL RELEASES--
The Perfect Storm (Releases June 30,2000)
The Yards (Releases Autumn 2000)
Metal God (Releases Autumn 2000)
Ocean's 11 (Releases probably 2001)

FEAR is what hooked me, too.
If you cannot find "The Basketball Diaries", check either on eBay, Amazon.com, Secondspin.com, or the Columbia House Video Club (online).

------------------
Annie M
Annie M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2000 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got thru watching "The Big Hit" again, and I love the way this film is put together!! How they make certain gross parts so d*n*ed funny is amazing!!

And Mark is so F-N cute, you just want to grab him and take him home!! He sure enjoys kissing China Chow--no wonder they were boy/girl-friends for a while!!

One of my fave parts is when Melvin and Lou Phillips' character are in the vid store about to have it out, and Melvin takes off his jacket and yells, "OK, LET'S WORK!"
Even though he is such a sweetie, he is also ALL MAN, and he isn't a wimp!!
I have also noticed that even when Mark's characters are doing rotten things, they are so polite!! I think there is a lot of Mark in that, not that he does rotten things anymore, but, well, you know...the past, etc. ...
But anyway, I think it would be such a fun challenge to get to know Mark, b/c I think a little bit of him is in all of his characters someplace. Just like when you write characters, sometimes you put a tiny bit of yourself in them.

Also, this film to so well written-- all that snappy repartee!! What a hoot!!

------------------
Annie M

[This message has been edited by Annie M (edited 16 March 2000).]
CandiGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2000 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this movie about?? I have heard of it but never really wanted to see it because it sounds kinda corny just by the name. I'm a huge fan of Mark Wahlberg but I don't know what to think of this one. Please help!
Annie M

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Big Hit" is sort of what you might call a "black comedy". It has a rather strange and irreverant sense of humor in spots, but it is funny (to some of us, anyway!), and I do not think it is one bit corny!!
The story involves 4 hit men who routinely get paid for taking out (killing) other bad guys (mob ppl. mostly). At one point, Lou Diamond Phillips' character stumbles onto a way to make some extra cash over a weekend, by kidnapping the prep school daughter of an Asian businessman. The girl's father was in some business connected w. crime--I forget what--but lately, his fortunes have reversed.
He is strugling to get back on his feet.
Unbeknownst to the 4 hit men, a close friend of the Asian Dad is none other than their own mob boss (who is also godfather of the daughter to be kipnapped).
Lou Diamond is the chief of the hit crew, and there is also another fellow, a "fifth wheel", who is a genius with computers, but cannot say a complete sentence w/o stuttering to the max. (This often p-i-s-s-e-s Lou off, and it is really funny!)
One of the hit men is played by Mark of course. His name is Melvin Smiley, and if you did not know he was a hit man, you would never guess, b/c he is so ****ed seet and adorable. But, being a MAN, he not only has a jewish fiancee (and he is not jewish), but he also has a cheating girlfriend (she is cheating on him and he doesn't know it); and eventually, he will fall for the kidnapped girl, too. Melvin's one big drawback is that he can't say no, and he wants everyone to like him. Any fussing at all makes his stomach act up and he has to drink Maalox.
On the other hand, he is a Killer hit man!
At first, he is not interested in doing "the big hit" that Lou has going, but he soon changes his mind. Seems his Miss Thing girlfriend is swindling him for however much she can get out of him (and he's too dumb to see it), and she has just bi*ched at him for more $$$. So to get her off his back, he agrees to do the hit with the other guys.
All goes well, until
1. Melvin's fiancee shows up while he is hiding the kidnap victim at his house;
2. The mob boss finds out about the hit, and Lou fingers Melvin as the idea man on the hit (when it is actually Lou, himself.)

I won't tell you the rest. That should be enuff for you to decide to see it or not.
I highly recommend it. It is one of my faves and I can watch it over and over and over...
------------------
Annie M

[This message has been edited by Annie M (edited 23 June 2000).]
marksgurl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2000 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI!!
This is for Annie M.
Um..... you said in one of your replies, that
Mark used to do some "rotten stuff".
Exactly what did he do??? and how old was he?? He's so cute!
Thanx a lot!!!! Bye!
Luv,
~amy~ (a.k.a Marksgurl!!)
JockeyGirl200

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2000 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MW Fans!!!!!!!!! Did you know that Mark Wahlberg was dating China Chow? And now I thinks he doesn't want to date him for some reason. My sister just told me, that he used to beat other women around. Did you know? I wonder if that's the reason why he isn't married. Hmmm....Ok. I liked The big Hit too. It was like a Action-Comedy. Oh well. Some of you people would like to know how old he really was in the Big Hit. Well he was 26/27. To find out more, to go http://www.angelfire.com/stars2/MarkWahlberg That is my Fanpage. He is also a Club were you can sign in a post even more messages.
Bye

------------------
Melanie McLean
~Thousand Oaks Stables~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Big Hit All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: