Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Mark's Tattoos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 1999 2:56 am    Post subject: Mark's Tattoos Reply with quote

Any of you guys now exactly how many tattoos Mark has? I caught a couple during 'The Big Hit'; one on his left arm, and this necklace-type tattoo on his neck....anywhere else? ;p
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 1999 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure he has his initials, birthdate and parents initials on his right shoulder and sylvester w/ tweety bird in its mouth on his ankle

------------------
~*Bye for now!*~

<3 Kim

NICCAZ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 1999 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am pretty sure he has a dragon on his chest when you watch the big hit again look out for it.
tisha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 1999 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a rosary on his chest
Raidah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 1999 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, he's got sylvester and tweety on his ankle? lol, no way! That's heaps cute!
NeetieP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 1999 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I don't of what additions Mark has if any, but I do know that he has four:

on one arm, at the shoulder, he has a picture of Bob Marley and it says "one love"

on the other arm in the same area is a tattoo with his initials M W and his mother and father's initials...I can't remember what else is on that tattoo

on his torso...it's a tattoo of a rosary..it extends around his neck and down his chest like an actual rosary...and at the end of it is a cross with a ribbon around it which says "In God I Trust"

I don't know anything about any dragon

and of course there's the one of Tweety Bird on his ankle...I think Sylvester is on it too and is trying to eat Tweety or something ..I just know Tweety is there..

Hope this helps answer your question!!!
Raidah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 1999 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, you've been a great help. Still....WHY Bob Marley??? lol
QUEEN BROWN SUGAR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 1999 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Bob Marley was the greatest reggae singer of his time. His music was not only entertaining, but educational as well. Bob Marley was a great man, he tried to make a difference through his music and that's why he lost his life. Bob Marley was a revolutionary who didn't walk in silence. He was repected and admired by all people. "One Love" is one of my favorites. All of Bob Marley songs meant something. Everyone of his songs has a meaning. Listen to his music very carefully, they all have a message in them. Music is suppose to be more than just beats, sound and words. Music is suppose to be a way of teaching people other sides of life. A way to teach people the truth that is not being told. A way to show people that we all are different and we all walk in different shoes. Thank God his music and his memory is being keep alive by artists such as Lauren Hill and his family. This is why I love Bob Marley and his music. He showed how much he loved us as people of God and I give that love back and more. If you would really like to know why. The best person to ask would be Mark.
ONE LOVE TO ALL AND HAPPY NEW MILLENNIUM!!!

[This message has been edited by QUEEN BROWN SUGAR (edited 30 December 1999).]

[This message has been edited by QUEEN BROWN SUGAR (edited 30 December 1999).]
Raidah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 1999 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Queen Brown Sugar, I've been enlightened! Thanks for that eye-opening explanation; though the last bit about asking Mark would prove to be a little bit tricky! I'm glad to see that there are people like you around, the ones who care passionately about a good cause.
StacyLovesMark!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2000 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you all getting this stuff that he has all these tatoos? I have seen him in movies and stuff with his shirt off like tons of times, and I have never seen a rosery bead on his chest at all. Please reply with where the heck you got this stuff from!

------------------
Stacy K. ORECK!
Raidah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2000 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, relax Stacy! Try watching The Big Hit again, and keep your eyes peeled. You might notice something this time!
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2000 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah in the big hit pretty much all of his tattoos can be seen except the one on his shoulder that has his MW initials, birthdate, ect. it was either covered up~i guess they had to do it since it said his own name and everything~ or maybe he just hadnt gotten it done yet..does anyone know when he got the MW tattoo??

------------------
~*Bye for now!*~

<3 Kim

Annie M

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2000 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the year, (I'd have to look that up), but I know it was done before "The Big Hit". They couldn't show it in the film because of his real initials, etc. And yes, the thing the other person forgot to mention was his birthdate on it. It says also, "Wahlberg" in the background, with "MW" over that. His parents' initials are below that and his birthday. It is on his right shoulder.
On his left shoulder is the Bob Marley tattoo. (Great info. from Queen Brown Sugar!)
He got the rosary on his neck/chest, because he said he used to wear a cross, and people were always trying to grab it off him. He got the rosary so he could have one with him all the time and no-one could take it away.
He is Catholic and has a very deep faith in God.
Tweety and Sylvester are on his ankle. Left one I think. He got that when he was 12, without his Mom's permission. Sylvester has Tweety in his mouth. Mark says he has since regretted getting that one.
The reason you don't see them in a lot of pix is because -- DUH -- he did not always have them!! Also, he got them at different times, in the '90s, except for the bird/cat one. I believe the most recent one is the rosary though.
I wasn't crazy about tattoos until I saw Mark's. All of his have some special meaning to him. This made me realize how important they are to some people.

------------------
Annie M
tisha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2000 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read that he got the tweety one to replace an old one that he had there before that he got when he was younger...wasnt too crazy about. it was a card or something...
and i know that when i read an article ."details '96" he had all four tattoos...

and i also read that he got the bob marley one when him and his friends allgot symbols to show their one love for each other (or somethinglike that..dont quote me cuz im not 100% positive)
LaurenR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2000 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has been going on about the rosary tatoo, I have never seen this tatoo! Everyone sez it looks really good.I haven't seen the big hit yet, is it out on video or summat coz y'all seem to have seen it millions of times over! When I'm 18 I'm getting my name in chinese tattoed on my back, anyone else got or getting any tatoos?
(I must be mad coz I am sooooo scared of needles and all things sharp,pointy and painful! But I got it translasted a few months back, now all I gotta do is pluck up the courage!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Big Hit All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: