Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
John C Reilly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 7:49 pm    Post subject: John C Reilly Reply with quote

Hey, I'm way behind here but I didn't know that "Chest Rockwell" would be in the Perfect Storm with Mark!!! How funny is that? I'll be thinking of Boogie Nights when I see them reteamed!
Cathy Y

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, isn't that great? He's a really good actor. Another "Boogie" co-star that I'd like to see in another film with Mark is Philip Seymour Hoffman, the actor who played Scotty (the gay guy who had a crush on Dirk). He was SOOO funny
Drea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, Cathy Y, are we on the same wave length or what!!!
I love Philip Seymour Hoffman. He's such a great actor!!!
And i just loved in Boogie Nights when he always wore the oh so tight little tank tops. That was the best!
BRASSI

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...! So I'm not the only one who thought Scotty was funny! Speaking of Scotty, do you think he was really drunk when he kissed Dirk, or did he just tell him that as an excuse?
Cathy Y

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Scotty was drunk, but he was obviously attracted to Dirk from the moment they met. He probably got drunk to loosen his inhibitions!

Have any of you seen Magnolia? It was Paul T. Anderson's next movie after Boogie Nights. I haven't seen it yet and it's not in the theaters anymore so I'm waiting until it's on video. Both John C. Reilly and Philip Seymour Hoffman are in it. (So is Julianne Moore.) A friend of mine who saw it said they were really great. By the way, did you know that Mark was offered a fairly minor part in that movie and eventually turned it down? I read that the character Anderson had written for him was supposed to kiss Tom Cruise!!!!

One of these days I'm going to rent "The Talented Mr. Ripley" ... I'm not a big Matt Damon fan, but I've heard that Hoffman gives a great, scene-stealing performance in that movie, and I also love Jude Law, who's in it.

Oh, one final bit of info -- Reilly and Hoffman are now appearing on stage together in New York in a play called "True West." It's a 2-person play and every week Reilly and Hoffman swap roles. I'm thinking of going to see it... you think Mark will ever do any work on stage? (Of course, the disadvantage of that is that not too many people would get to see it...)
Cathy Y

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing, what I really liked about Hoffman's portrayal of Scotty is that even though he was pretty ridiculous, he was also very sympathetic. From what I've heard, his character in "The Talented Mr. Ripley" couldn't be more different ... he's a really obnoxious upper-class a**hole.
Maggie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was like that in Patch Adams too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: