Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Press Junket for The Perfect Storm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KristyKay

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 11:32 am    Post subject: Press Junket for The Perfect Storm? Reply with quote

Thanks to Annie for posting the Boston Herald article. I found another one (http://www.countingdown.com/perfectstorm/news/perfectstorm-7534.html) that says the press junket will be in Gloucester. Does anyone have the details yet of exactly when and where it will take place because I'd love to go if I can get more details.

Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Boston Globe, 'Stars
including George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg are coming back to Harbor Point to meet national media at the site of some of the filming June 17. Warner Bros. has reserved all of Gloucester High School in case of rain.'

read the rest at: http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/147/living/Flynn_s_Vatican_rag+.shtml

Oh if you want a souvenier (sp?) of the movie, they're auctioning one of the boats on E-Bay.
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/151/region/Ocean_vessels_featured_in_The_:.shtml

Lianne
PS there'll be a press release a couple days before, so look out for them in news search section of any search engine. I prefer Yahoo or excite, but they all get the same things.
Annie M

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dorchester friend, Janet, said there's some preliminary stuff happening on June 16th, too. I don't know what exactly, but I'd be up there by then, if you plan to go!!

------------------
Annie M
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.countingdown.com/perfectstorm
it says press junket will start this weekend begining on June 16
and for all you who cant be there (like me!) the site is going to have pictures and video from the event~just keep checking back. hey-maybe we'll get to see mark w/ short hair!

also there's a link to www.insidegloucester.com
which has some pics on set and an article about the making of TPS. here's a snippet that i liked:
"George Clooney stories were perhaps the most talked about. Many first hand accounts tell of "George sightings" in the downtown bars and restaurants. It seems that George was researching his role as captain Billy Tyne and wanted first hand knowledge of the Gloucester local scene. Ever the gracious star, George even paid the dinner bill of a group of women once he had heard there was a birthday at the table. During filming, added bonuses were the daily sightings of George playing basketball just outside his trailer. He played every day around lunchtime. (click on Star's photos to see a shot) with crew members and even some area school kids. Women aged 15 to 50 could be found waiting for a chance to get a photo or perhaps an autograph. George signed autographs whenever approached, but Mark Wahlberg really got into it. The gregarious star came to the sidelines almost every day at lunch and signed whatever was presented to him--photos, clothing, even skin!"

awww what a sweetie

Kim

BTW 16 more days until the perfect storm!! ahh!
fitzy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sillyfitzy sillyfitzy!
OK MAJOR ATTACK OF THE BRAIN GREMLINS
I thought I just posted something like this here but it is on the main topic list!!!! but these were the links that i kept messing up or similar one from the same site
so thank you so much for getting it right

Now i'm off for some serious brain adjustment

fitz

ps yesh indeedy he is without a doubt a sweetheart

[This message has been edited by fitzy (edited 13 June 2000).]
insidegloucester

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2000 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, it was nice to see a quote from my website insidegloucester.com posted on these topic.
Second, think I can help those interested in learning more on the press junket.
Yes, the press arrives tomorrow June 16. I checked out the Harbor Loop area today (that is where the original filming took place last year.) The Warner Bros. people are already entrenched there and starting to set up stagin etc for the press interviews. My sources tell me, just as the movie set was guarded, so will the interview area be. The security people are already in place. Interviews will take place directly on the harbor (probably even onboard the Andrea Gale replica). Press were told to wear flat shoes and layers of clothing (because of the boat part). The stars are reportedly staying at the Ritz in downtown Boston (not here in town). 100 press people a day will be bussed in from Boston and given their chance at interviews with George, Mark, etc. and then given a tour of town and the waterfront.
That's all for now, I'll go down to the Harbor again tomorrow and see if I can learn more and then will post again.
P.S. I snagged tickets to the "local" premier on Wed. June 28. I'll post my review the next morning first thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: