Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
HBO First Look--The Making of TPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cathy Y

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 1:13 am    Post subject: HBO First Look--The Making of TPS Reply with quote

Ok ladies (and gents, if there are any of them here)... I watched the HBO show... actually I missed the first 5 minutes or so because I was stuck in traffic, can you believe that! Anyway, it was quite good, they didn't show too many clips from the film (the ones they did show looked awesome!) but they had some scenes of the filming, and interviews with the cast including Mark. He said that there were a couple of times when he got so emotional about the movie and about what actually happened to those guys that he broke down and cried. They also spoke to the families of the men who died and one guy (I think it was the brother of Bobby Shatford, the character Mark plays) was talking about what a "sweetheart" Mark is.

Gee... only 8 more days left until the premiere!

applepie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cathy!
I thought Mark said something about crying on set because he was just too darn miserable! And the director looked at him and went "Wow!"... but Mark replied "it wasn't an accident!"

Remember the part where Mark was helping the locals out on some occasion, checking IDs at the door at Crow's Nest? Somebody walked in and asked "where is Mark Wahlberg?" and the producer went up to him/her and said "He just checked your ID at the door!"

Alright! Enough for now!

[This message has been edited by applepie (edited 22 June 2000).]
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup i watched the HBO thing too! it was great ... lots of mark and george interviews and alot of behind the scenes stuff ... which was really interesting. now i'm also looking forward to the discovery channel program about the real perfect storm and town. i'm even considering reading the book! (me ... actually wanting to read ~ is a big first!)

*~AHHHH a week until it comes out!!! i can't wait!! ~*

Kim
fitzy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fitzy most depressed now as we don't get and never will get HBO stuff

Annie M

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ever-resourceful pal, Janet, is taping this for me. Also, she is supposed to tape the Discovery docu. on 'The Storm'.
I'll give y'all reviews whenever I see 'em.

------------------
Annie M
Cathy Y

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2000 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Applepie, I think you were right--I got a bit mixed up about why he was crying.

However, he also said that he felt very deeply for the guys who died and for their families. And yes that story about the ID was great.

In the next couple of weeks I bet there are going to be lots of profiles of Mark in the newspapers. This Sunday's Arts & Leisure section of the New York Times (which I got today because when you get the paper delivered at home you get some of the Sunday sections on Saturday) has a long and pretty interesting article about George Clooney's career. They had a couple of brief references to Mark and his friendship with George. I hope they do something about Mark one of these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: