Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Really Disappointed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen E!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALRIGHT LADIES. SO YOU WANT TO SIT UP HERE AND MAKE SNIDE REMARKS AND SMART A** COMMENTS ABOUT WHAT SOME OF THE OPINION OF THE OTHERS GIRLS SAID. I UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYBODY HAS AN OPINION,THATS FINE. BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE AN OPINION OF MY OWN. I'LL ADMIT SOME OF MY STATEMENTS WERE OVER ZELEST ON MY PART. BUT YOU TO BE A SMART A** ABOUT IS UNCALLED FOR. BUT NEVER DID CALL ANYBODY OUT I NEVER MENTIONED ANYONES NAME I JUST STATED OPINIONS THEY HAD. I MEAN IN NO WAY DISRESPECT TO ANYBODY. SO FORGIVE ME IF I OFFENDED ANYBODY. MY OPINION IS NOT TO PERSUCUTE ANYONE. AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE OH WELL. NO SKIN OFF MY BACK.
Fizzabel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2000 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm really sorry I didn't like the film, but I can't help the way I feel. And in my original message I did write that I thought Mark was amazing in it, and there were elements I liked. I guess the 'rest of the world' are just going to have to live with the fact that I wasn't convinced by 'The Perfect Storm'.

In regards to the swimming thing, yes I know there was no way he could've survived, but after making the effort to get off the ship I would've thought he'd at least attempt it for a little bit. And I don't think trying to save yourself in that situation is any crazier than making a speech to your girlfriend in the middle of an 40ft wave.

And Shorty23, without meaning to be rude, I don't think you're in any position to comment about the quality of my name.

I used to post on this board a lot, but recently it seems that some opinions, unless they are what the majority accept, are crushed and ridiculed in a pretty impolite way by some people. And I haven't just noticed it on 'The Perfect Storm' posts - it happens a lot in 'General Discussion'. No one person is to blame, and most people are really cool. I'm not looking to cause any trouble but I think we all should use the amazing service we have here properly and respect other people's differing opinions, whatever they may be. After all, the world would be a pretty boring place if we were all the same...

Luv Fizz XXX
ButaFly050

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2000 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow looks like theres a big fight going on here. I really loved "The Perfect Storm" i started liking Mark after i saw it!! I really never even cared about him before and i didn't even know he was in the movie, but then my parents made me see it (i really didn't want to) but i'm glad i did cuz' now i'm in love with Mark!!
I really wanted to cry in the end when they died. I thought it was so sad when he got outta the boat so he wouldn't drowned and then they showed him just sitting int he ocean and there was nowhere to go or nuthing to do but drown!!!!!

ButaFly050

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2000 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah and Fizzabel HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT YOU ALMOST STARTED LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!! There was absolutley nothing funny about that movie. IT WAS A TRUE STORY IT REALLY DID HAPPEN!!! THEY ALL DIED!! I wanted to burst out and cry!! That movie was so intense i was on the edge of my seat the whole time!!!!
Is there anyone else with me on this one or am i the only one who was depressed after seeing this movie knowing that it was true and everything!! O yeah and George Clooney looked really good in that movie tooooo i think hes pretty sexy (even thought he is like 40!)
Queen E!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2000 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AGREE WITH YOU A 100% BUTAFLY. I THINK THAT THE MOVIE WAS POWERFUL AND INTENSE. I THINK THAT FIZZABEL IS CORRECT WHEN SHE SAYS THAT PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE THEIR COMMENTS. BUT YOU FIZZABEL WITH YOUR STUPID ASS NAME. YES BELIEVE IT I DID SAY YOUR NAME WAS STUPID. YOU SAID THAT WE ARE INTILTED TO OUR OPINIONS. AND THAT IS MY OPINION. HAVE YOU NO COMMON SENSE. HE DIDN'T GIVE A SPEECH. THAT WAS WHAT HE WAS THINKING IN HIS HEAD. DID YOU SEE HIS LIPS MOVING. NO I DON'T THINK SO.
KittyCat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladies...LADIES!
Such harshness...
I believe the sole purpose of a movie is for entertainment. Even for movies based on a true story. There is not a single film I can think of which can't be picked apart if so closely scrutinized as TPS has apparently been. I thought it was an excellent film. My husband, who seems to dislike Mark, simply because he is jealous of him, said that TPS had made it onto his top 20 favorite movies, ever, and that if Bobby had atleast lived, it would have been in the top 5. The only thing I found disappointing about this film was the sad, sad ending, which was still most excellent.

MEOW!
Queen E!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU ARE RIGHT. I APOLGIZE. I JUST GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE MOMENT. I'LL TRY TO KEEP MY COOL.
scarlet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2000 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just wanted to add my 2 cents about tps
first i think that it was very entertaining (and thats all it has to be)
but i definately dont think its going to be winning any oscars
my main complaint w/ the movie was the accents ... of course mark wahlbergs was great b/c hes from that part of Mass.
but the rest of the cast were pretty horrible
diane lane is usually a pretty good actress but her doing the accent was atrocious
at some points i could barely stand it and i think it really hurt her performance
i think that its always better to downplay an accent (like george clooney did) rather than try too hard and miss
anyway thats what i thought
Fizzabel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sorry I've not posted but I've been in Greece for a week and I've just got back.

RE: the laughing thing - it's not funny those poor people died. It is a terrible tragedy and I can hardly imagine how the families of those unfortunate fishermen felt. My point was that the way it was conveyed in the film was so cliched it made me giggle from the sheer weakness of it - tackyness is never the way to go (oh man, I can't wait to get gunned for this one...)

Queen E - have your opinion sweetie. But quite frankly, if you're going to badmouth me then I'm just not interested. You are being personally offensive and I don't appreciate it. This board is set up to discuss Mark and issues surrounding him, not to be rude to others. Please keep the peace - I hold nothing against you, and life is just too short to fight.

Peace luv Isabel XXX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: