Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Just wondering something...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellie

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 1:56 pm    Post subject: Just wondering something... Reply with quote

This might sound rude, but you've gotta admit, it's true!

I was wondering if Mark is actually going to sing in 'Metal God', because if you've ever seen 'Boogie Nights' or 'Renaissance Man' you'll know that he's erm, not the best singer in the world (major understatement)

Has he been taking singing lessons or is he going to mime to someone else's voice?
Annie M

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Mark himself has publicly (on Letterman, among other shows) admitted that he cannot carry a tune in a bucket, (which is why he was rapping, not singing!), I've also wondered how they are going to pull this off. Not to offend anyone, but the metal music I have heard has a lot a screaming in it, so maybe they figure it won't matter anyway... Or maybe he will be lip-syncing, like Ellie suggested.

------------------
Annie M
Kate2

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to this message board so please bare with me...

I was at the taping of Metal God on Saturday night and saw Mark perform (feet away I might add) and it seems to me he's really singing. If so, he's pretty good! Those singing lessons must be paying off.
Lisa

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good, if he can learn to sing - maybe there's hope for me yet! My own 2 yr old asks me to stop singing, "Not sing at me mumma, peez!" I am terrible! Of course, he can afford the lessons, though & I can't.

You know, Annie, I think you have a good point. Heavy metal is designed to be loud, so the volume could have been a good plan B just in case the lessons didn't work.
Annie M

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info., Kate2, and welcome to the board! Wow, will wonders never cease!
Makes me wonder if Mark had taken lessons 10 years ago, if he could have been with the New Kids after all, and made the big bucks sooner. The quirks of fate are funny...
Even though I'm not a real metal head, I'm so curious to hear his music now! I hope they can release the soundtrack before the end of the year.
It's still hard for me to believe this film is a comedy! (I recently read this in a review.) That was the last thing I expected.
Everytime I watch Friends now, I keep trying to picture Jennifer A. with Mark. I'm still having a problem with that, but I'll find out the real deal in a few months. She's good comedy, and I think Mark has a flair for it (from watching "The Big Hit"), so this should be VERY interesting!

------------------
Annie M
Andy

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy all, I'm the New York Times reporter who wrote the story that spawned this movie. I was on the set a couple of times earlier in the spring, but couldn't be there for the BIG SHOW a week ago. I'd love to get impressions of what it was like from those who attended. Any funny incidents? crazy characters? etc?
Annie M

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who says she is an extra in the movie. I hope you don't mind, but I sent her your e-mail. I figured she might be willing to tell you some stories. I guess if she wants to share, she will contact you.
I was surprised to find out the film was a comedy. I never would have put that together with heavy metal bands, but OK. I mean, the old animated film "Heavy Metal" was humorous in places, so I guess anything is possible. We hear Mark has been taking singing lessons. I cannot wait to hear this!
Anyway, it wounds like an interesting film, and I am so curious to see it...whenever!

[This message has been edited by Annie M (edited 21 May 2000).]
GlittaKitten

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the Metal Gods taping and sorry to tell you, but Mark definitely was not singing live. When he would talk, he'd switch the mike on and then when it was time to perform, he'd switch it back off again. The whole thing was fun though! All the bands rocked!
Annie M

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's okay. I say anybody who can even fake it good in front of a gzillion people deserves a pat on the back!! I think lip-syncing must be more nerve-wracking than actual singing!! Anyway, whatever makes it work! GO MARK GO!!

------------------
Annie M
gw20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the point is, he was having fun with what he was doing...and maybe he will be singing for real the next time the script calls for it if he's taking lessons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: