Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Metal God - The Ripper

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjmaxiv

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2000 11:46 pm    Post subject: Metal God - The Ripper Reply with quote

Here's a message for the band! I wouldn't bother spending a single penny that Judas Priest puts out on any album, cd, or otherwise paraphernalia, as long as the ungrateful "Ripper Owens" remains in the band! Clearly his vocal ability stands loud & clear, but his gratitude for where he stands today is pathetic, he didn't get where he is today by chance, not by luck either, TWO people worked very hard to get him the recognition and the opportunity of a life time, and not a mere thank you, or any type of contact has been made. Makes you wonder how he treats the fans? Thanks to those TWO certain people, Tim is living his dream. Too bad "the band" and it's "management" has to keep everything so hush hush. The interviews and stories of how he got here are bull****, and now a movie's in production as we speak, what are they basing it on? Not the real truth, just the bull**** they think is the truth, no one knows the whole truth, except TWO girls, Tim, Scott and the band. How 'bout give credit where credit is due? I know ****ed well the band is thankful, they have been presented with their new, young lead back to heavy metal. So your welcome Glenn, KK, Ian, Scott & Jayne. And for "Ripper" it's pathetic that you lack the poise to acknowledge where, how and from whom you got your big break. A nobody from the middle of Ohio doesn't fall from the sky and land in England in the recording studio with Judas Priest and become their new lead vocalist, not without a story behind it...Let's "Unleash" the story, it lye's in the "East"...
Annie M

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2000 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From everything I have read, it is now acknowledged that "Metal God" is fiction, and only loosely based on Tim Owens' rise to fame. I don't believe the characters are even named the real names, nor the band. It's just the same idea.
Perhaps someone will come forth with "the real untold story" of how the 'Ripper' made it in heavy metal.
There's always room for the Truth, should someone be brave enough to tell it.

------------------
Annie M

[This message has been edited by Annie M (edited 15 June 2000).]
gw20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2000 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Metal God" is only loosely based on the story of Judas Priest, and the names aren't the same. Whatever the reason for the similarities, let's hope it's not to glorify some ungrateful bastard, huh?
purplef160

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2000 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This message is in responce to cjmaxiv I totally agree with him/her, I happen to be best friends with Tims ex, The one that got him to where he is now, I want to know how they can do a movie without hearing her side of Tims story, I don't care if the movie is fiction, I want to know how they can do a movie and have someone play Tims girlfriend if the actress don't know a thing about the person she is playing??? why are the people that stood behind Tim and supported Tim, $$
being left with no thanks, and no credit...
for being there and putting up with the B/S.
If this movie portrays my friend as being something that she was not.. then there may be problems!!! Because my friend stood by his side for 6 long years, and put up with him and supported him $$$$... just to make his dream happen.... Cjmaxiv, is right,
they need to give credit where credit is due... CJMAXIV.. please contact me at PurpleF150@aol.com... we need to talk....
thanks
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2000 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm i dont think the characters in this movie are going to be playing Tim and his ex. I'm pretty sure their characters will have different names. the movie is going to be loosely based upon what happened to him. they basically just took the story line i guess. I think that's why they're re-naming it from Metal God to something else. they don't want people to think this is a true story. so you dont have to worry about how the actors will play the role, they won't be playing real people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: