Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
New Title?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rum71

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2000 10:22 am    Post subject: New Title? Reply with quote

I was just reading the latest issue of Movieline and in a profile on Tim Olyphant (a co-star of the film) they referred to what we know as "Metal God" as "So You Wanna Be a Rock Star?" But of course, that does not mean that's the final title of course.

Rummana
Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2000 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I believe that's the new title. I just bought some artwork from the movie and it's called "So You Wanna Be a Rock Star". I didn't know whether this was an old title or the current one, but the artwork is what they use to decide on the movie poster. So I think it must be the current title.
newfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2000 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you tell us what the artwork looks like?

I'm so curious!

Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2000 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually, the shop that I bought the artwork from had several different versions of the artwork, probably six or seven. I bought three of them, and they are all different. None of them are in English, either (just the actors' names and the title). I can't seem to figure out what language it is in. Some of the ones I didn't buy are in Russian, but the ones I have are not. Possibly German, but I don't really know. Two have a gorgeous blue background and Mark is on the right-hand side of the poster with the long hair and no shirt. In one of those the concert crowd is at the bottom. The other one has a white background and looks the most like a photograph out of all of them. It's my favorite. Mark is at the left side of this one with an old car at the bottom of the poster. Some of the artwork had writing on them because these are the prototypes for the eventual movie poster to be released later. I'll be very interested to see the movie poster to see if any of these made it. These also might just be the foreign versions since they are not in English. Pretty much all the versions were the same pose of Mark - with a leather jacket on, no shirt and leather pants; just different color backgrounds and some of them just said his name at the top and others had both his name and Jennifer Aniston's name.
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2000 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie,
DarkHorizons just posted a scan of a movie poster (aug 15), are yours like this one http://www.darkhorizons.com/news7/p-rock.jpg

It could be just an easier title to translate, either way I'll still go watch it even with no title.

Lianne
steve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2000 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, you mentioned "a shop" where you saw all this METAL GOD/ROCK STAR stuff - which shop was it? Where is it located?

Thanks for any info!

-Steve
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble accessing the Dark Horizons site, Lianne, but I did e-mail the artwork to a girl who runs a website, and it is on there. You can take a look at it:
http://members.aol.com.vpipeings

It's in the Metal God section of the website. I bought the artwork from Starworld in Hollywood. They are on Hollywood Boulevard. They also have a website, although there is not much on it. Best thing to do is to go in person if you live in L.A. But the website address is:
www.starworldhollywood.com

christina*theoriginal*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rum71

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina *the original* just posted a picture of the poster in the General Mark Wahlberg message board. Check it out.

Rum71

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait, she was nice enough to post it here on this board as well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: