Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Rock Star Poster & Soundtrack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2001 9:32 pm    Post subject: Rock Star Poster & Soundtrack Reply with quote

Hey all, in my pursuit to keep us sane, I found the newest Rock Star Poster. It's legit, found it on the Apple trailer page. I like it. I've attached it but if it doesn't show, ya'll can run over to my site and take a look. And no I can't make it bigger, that's what I found.

And the Soundtrack is set for Sept. 4 according to thevervepipe.com (they say it's a Friday, but albums come out on tuesdays)

Lianne
http://www.geocities.com/lmwong1977/
http://www.geocities.com/kissmarkw/
applepie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the poster. Looks good. BTW, can you believe Rock Star will be released AFTER POTA although it was shot almost a year earlier?! Makes no sense to me... Aaaah! The movie business and its mysterious ways...!
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added the link to a bigger scan of the poster on my site. Still a bit fuzzy on the credits on the bottom, but now you can read the taglines.

Applepie, I know it's weird how long it's taking, but Mark S. said WB is trying to get part of the falloff of POTA, hoping people will agree with us that they should check out Mark's other movies.

BTW, do you think Mark will stop over at Cannes this year or do you think they'll be too busy?

Lianne
http://www.geocities.com/lmwong1977/
Http://www.geocities.com/kissmarkw/
Heather

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lianne -
Why are you not the Webmaster of this site? You have all the news. You have the the links. You have all the photographs. I rely on YOU for what I should rely on Mark's site for.

Why is there no new on Mark's site? Why does E-factor just respond as a friend to postings - agreeing with member's opinions regarding Mark's looks, etc.

Where is the fan club? Lianne - I have no computer abilities; or rather, no web-page-making abilities.

Why don't you petition for contro. I would supprt you, and I am sure others would, too. You really kept the group alive while the page was down. One would think that a real club, handled by "the Leverage Group" or whatever that takes our money could handle a transition from one provider to another.

With you in charge, we would have News, we would have Interviews, we would have the latest Photographs, we would have Links to the latest sites - official and non-official. We wuld have what was promised us, but what we have not yet received almost a year later.

And hey, you might get closer to Mark.

Lianne for Webmaster!

Heather

applepie

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't see why Mark wouldn't drop by the Festival, especially since I heard they were shooting near Cannes last week... However, the Festival might not necessarily be the kind of environment he'd be confortable in (remember the November charity event last year?) But who knows?! (Oops, maybe I should've posted this under CHARLIE!)
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather,

Well I'm very flattered by the praise. I wouldn't mind the job, but keep in mind with the webmaster thing, I don't really have the adequate skills for it. The site has Flash, forms, CGI and CSS (different HTML/computer programming) which I have a a slight to no grasp of.

As for why there isn't anything new, if you remember, this site has been in transition. First it was Mark S. running it, then the powers that be decided to switch. Then they found out the other guys weren't doing anything and they switched back. Then they decided to go with Celebsites, but since they also took to long, we're back to Mark S. I think it would of been alot easier if TPTB had left well enough alone instead of constantly switching webmasters.

Also take into consideration, I'm in school, while Mark S. has his own career and does this site on his time off. School's pretty tough (well not really for me anyway), but a full time job can be a real pain in the butt when you're working long hours everyday. I remember those days and I would just come home and just veg cause I was so tired.

And there's a little thing called Copyright. I don't make money off my site, so I can probably get away with putting stuff on it. This site however is suppose to be making some money, so they have to call and pay for the stuff or get sued.

Hope I explained it alright.

Lianne
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applepie,

Hmmm, looks like I'm going have to check the Cannes coverage. Better brush up on my French. Don't worry about this not being in Charlie, since I did ask. To kinda make it relate to the topic. Too bad Rock Star didn't get into the festival, it would of been interesting to see how it plays in France.

Lianne
Super Genius

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd actually like to make Lianne a member of the staff, but of course I'd need to ask her permission first. I can keep things going on in the background, but there are times when I am shipped off out of state at a client site at a moment's notice and can't give as much attention as I'd like. I can say, however, that I've had time to build the beta version of the fanclub section. I'm manually adding the usernames and passwords for all the people who have been members this past year (this part isn't particularly fun). I promise to have something done VERY soon -- it's getting too close to the 60 day countdown as we approach the release of Planet of the Apes. I'd like to have the spring cleaning done by then and all sections activated.

Email me at mark@email.net if you notice anything broken about the site. All help is appreciated.

M
M Factor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been on this site as much as I would have liked the in the past few weeks... but I've just come across this very interesting post. I think Heather, Lianne and Mark S explained themselves very well.

I really hope Lianne has 'asked permission' by now from Mark S as everyone knows she is the research guru and backbone to a lot of news substance on this site!!!! Mark of course is doing an admirable job is keeping this going in between his other commitments. "All hail to Mark and Lianne!" - would hate either of you to disappear.

I am voting and asking for Lianne to be involved more heavily in the MW site if that is her wish!
newfan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I totally agree that Lianne should be "promoted" to "info mistress" with some administrative input into this site. She is articulate, professional, and would only increase the value of this official website.

rock on!

milky

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the poster!!
tweety23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Lianne you are the best. I don't know how you find the time or resources.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: