Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Rock Star Premieres
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fan_of_mark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 7:13 pm    Post subject: Rock Star Premieres Reply with quote

Does anyone know when and where the premieres are in each city? Will there be one in New York?
Thanks!
QTlicious4Mark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark's gonna have a premier for Rock Star in either or both Los Angeles and New York. Also, there's a radio station here in my home town that's having a contest where Mark will personally call you to invite you to the premier!! I'm so psyched..I'm planning on gettin that hehe
Kathleen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the premiere is Sept4 I thought in LA ...haven't heard anything about a NYC premiere date.

The Sep4 date is confirmed on Mark Shields website and the Rockstar site is sayng LA.
sarah and mark 4ever

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QT where do you live?
xmArKzAnGeLx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the date is confirmed sept 4 in los angeles? what website was this on? and do u know where exactly? i live near la and i want to go to the premiere to hopefully see him...reply back plz...thanx
Kathleen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sep4 is definately the date .. go to markshields.com (the administrator of this board) ..he's going.

I don't know that LA has been officially declared as the city ... use the search function upper right hand corner, key in Lianne (the other administrator) ..she posts all press releases.

Or .... contact Mark Shields directly (click on his name upper left) for theatre info (I assume he knows where he's going)
Kathleen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oop..Applepie has a post about winning tx to the LA premiere..so I guess LA is official.

check out her link to the contest ..theatre info may be there
M Factor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

efactor was in chat yesterday and he told us that the premiere was 4 September in LA and 5 September in San Fran...

that should help you guys... he's taking his pc with him, so he'll be about in chat...

mia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A premiere in San Francisco...are you kidding?!!!!! Is that official and is Mark going to be there? Please let me know I would love to go!
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're kidding! san fran! nooooooo......i was just there 2 days ago. why couldnt the premiere be last week? hmm maybe I could tell my sister to go and get pics for me if Mark is there. lol
PoisonNY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really dont think there will be a rock star premiere in NY. POTA was in NY, and i doubt ROCK STAR will be in NY. LUCKY L.A girls.hope you see him.
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the official word on the LA premiere. And just note Mark will be in NY for the MTV VMAs, so don't go pouting, you guys see him a million times there.

Lianne

Wednesday August 29, 2:09 pm Eastern Time
Press Release
SOURCE: Warner Bros.
ADVISORY/Warner Bros. Announces ``Rock Star'' Premiere
(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)--

WHAT: The premiere of "Rock Star," the story of wannabe rock star Chris Cole (WAHLBERG), who is plucked from obscurity and catapulted to fame when Steel Dragon, the rock band he worships, chooses him to replace their lead singer after seeing a videotape of Cole fronting his Steel Dragon tribute band.

WHO: From the film: Mark Wahlberg, Jennifer Aniston, Dominic West, Jason Bonham, Jeff Pilson, Zakk Wylde, Blas Elias, Brian Vander Ark, Dagmara Dominczyk, Stephan Jenkins, Rachel Hunter, Jamie White, Stephen Herek (Director), John Stockwell (Writer), Toby Jaffe (Producer), Robert Lawrence (Producer), George Clooney (Executive Producer), Steve Reuther (Executive Producer).

Other Celebrity Guests: Alice in Chains (Mike Inez), Beautiful Creatures (Joe Leste, DJ Ashba, Anthony Focx, Kenny Kweens, Glen Sobel), Brad Pitt, BusBoys (Brian O'Neal), Coal Chamber (Dez Farfara, Meegs, Mick Mars), Danzig (Glen Danzing), Def Leppard (Phil Collen, Rick Allen, Vivian Campbell), Dokken (Don Dokken), Everclear (Craig Montoya, Art Alexakis, Scott Cuthbert, Greg Eckland), Jessica Biel, LL Cool J, KISS (Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons), Korn (Fieldy, Head, Munky, Dave Silveria), LA Guns (Traci Guns), Limp Bizket (Fred Durst), Lit (A. Jay Poppoff, Jeremy Poppoff, Kevin Baldes, Allan S. Berger), Machine Head (Rob Flynn, Ahrue Luster, Adam Duce, Dave McClain), Virginia Madsen, Motley Crue (Nikki
Sixx, Mick Mars), Onesidezero (Jason Radford, Levon Sultanian, Brett Kane, Rob Basile, Christian Hernandez), Orgy (Jay Gordon, Ryan Shuck, Amir Derakh, Paige Haley, Bobby, Hewitt, Jeff Varner), Poison (Brett Michaels, CC Deville, Rikki Rocket), Powerman 5000 (Spider, Dorian Heartsong, Mike
Tempesta), Quiet Riot (Rudy Sarzo), Rob Zombie Band (Rob Zombie, Rob Nicholson, John Tempesta, Riggs), Seal, Slayer (Kerry King, Tom Araya, Jeff Henneman, Paul Bostaph), Static X (Wayne Static, Ken Jay, Tony Campos, Tripp Rex Eisen).

WHEN: Tuesday, September 4th
Arrivals - 7:00PM
Screening - 8:00PM

WHERE: Mann Village
961 Broxton Avenue
Westwood

Your coverage of this event is invited

Press Credentials must be picked up outside the theater after 5:30p.m. on the day of the event. There will be no exceptions

"ROCK STAR" OPENS IN THEATERS NATIONWIDE SEPTEMBER 7th.

"ROCK STAR" is rated R by the MPAA.
www.rockstarmovie.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warner Bros.
Print/Broadcast: Brooke Ensign, 818/954-6705
Photo: Michael Taylor, 818/954-6585
Online: Brenda Falitz, 818/954-6676
International: Tricia Lewis, 818/954-6557

[This message has been edited by Lianne (edited August 29, 2001).]
tarn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!!

I interviewed Paul bostoph (see rock star list)

Hes a drummer from a band called Slayer hes a really nice bloke!!
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok for the 99.9% who can't get to LA, you can see the premiere here http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/premieres/teaser.jsp

Sept 4th starting at 7:30pm PST/ 10:30 EST
Download Real Player or Windows Media if you don't have it (which is highly unlikely) or you're out of luck.

Also you can submit questions that the interviewer might use!

Lianne
mia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lianne, is Mark going to be there since the vma's are onthe 6th and the premiere is on the 4th...i want to go but of course only if mark is going to be there! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: