Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
My review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 7:48 am    Post subject: My review Reply with quote

Saw it last night. First of all, I melted every time Mark said "Em" or "Emily" b/c that is my name! Hee hee.

Anyway...in my humble opinion, nobody is winning any Oscars (someday, I know it), but it was totally entertaining and MW brought such a sweetness and vulnerability to his character. The most fascinating, telling point was towards the end...remember how his enthusiasm is gone and he is weary as he gives his "I was just an ordinary guy" speech onstage? And how pumped he was in the beginning when giving that speech? And then he sees a kid in the audience who is exactly like he was. Their "duet" was cute, and the kid was not bad looking! That was all so telling.

MW portrayed Chris/Izzy as good and decent and caring about his family and just caught up in a whirlwind...really good job. And the music...wow, it really took me back to my days in the 80s of making out with metalheads and absolutely worhsipping them! And all the music in the film sounds great in a movie theater...loud and in digital stero...blah blah blah. He looked great with his tight body and leather, although from a purely aesthetic standpoint, he has looked better...depends on how you like to see him. He was very cute with his sweet smile.

Whose nipple was that getting pierced, anyway? Do you think it was a body double or something prosthetic on Mark, that Aniston could just stick a needle through? I think it was a body double because, not to sound gross, but Mark never has hair on his nipples, he always so smooooth.

Funny: Driving home, my out-of-it hubby goes, "With all this acting, he will have to give up the music" and I was like, "Duh, he does not really DO music now." Husbands...what do they know about Mark and his career? Nada!

Well, I will stop rambling now!

[This message has been edited by Emat (edited September 15, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Emat (edited September 15, 2001).]
Baby Junior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to see it so bad. I went to the movies the other day and saw boring ol The musketeer. The movie is so boring I was about to fall asleep. The action was ok.
Emat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, get your butt to Rock Star, girl! What are ya waiting for? Or is the R rating the issue? Damn!

[This message has been edited by Emat (edited September 18, 2001).]
Rockstar Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately think that Mark Wahlberg can receive an award for his acting in Rockstar. He became Chris Cole in the time the movie was playing, he was not Mark Wahlberg anymore. His acting made me feel like I was also living in the story, it was feeling like I was there and could see everything happening. The time went by so fast while I was watching the movie. I have not been his fan in the past, but this movie got me hooked. I am not even a heavy metal fan at all!
I read an article about the story of the piercing in the movie and it was a bodydouble standing in for Mark Wahlberg, because he did not want to have his nipple pierced for the role. I cannot say I blame him, it looks terrible painful!
Emat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know...I cringed and turned away during that scene!
Rockstar Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY REVIEW

I have to give a review as well, since I am so crazy about the movie. I also bought the soundtrack of the movie, which I find hard to listen to, because it makes me think of some parts in the movie.
Mark Wahlberg's hair looks very real in the movie, though it is easy for me to spot extentions, since I have training as a hairdresser.
The movie had some nice humor, specially the part where he and his brother is fighting.
I like the caracter, Chris Cole, because he loves his family and they accept him the way he is, whether he want to rock or just be a regular guy (accept for his brother of course!) There was some great caracter development. The caracter made the right choices in his life even though the other choices may have been more glamorous. But he decided to choose the one that was right for him.
The only part that can be cut out of the movie is the part where every and anyone available ends up in a room together with only what Eve and Adam had on when they came to earth. That was plain tasteless. I think they could have just suggested it. Maybe they could have danced and then the part where Chris and Emily meets each other in the room could be next or something. All that unusual and wild sexual content ect. is the reason I will not go to see the movie again. If they cut that out, younger fans of Mark Wahlberg could have seen the movie, I think it was unnecessary. The movie was very inspiring and made me think that some of the choices you make in life is the right ones even though they are not as glamorous, you should be true to yourself. Your dreams can come true, but once they do, will they be the way you imagined them?

[This message has been edited by Rockstar Fan (edited September 24, 2001).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: