Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
was the end mean ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
squonktear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 7:34 am    Post subject: was the end mean ? Reply with quote

i thought the end of the movie was sort of nasty and anti gay. it was a good chance to give one last twist of the knife to the homosexual ex singer. it had me walk out of the theater with a bad taste in my mouth, tainting the pleasure of the rest of the movie. I was shocked that they made the ex lead singer of the band a homosexual joke .After all chris/izzy was to parallel him . just food for thought .
Vicanthria

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see it that way at all. I just saw them show what happened to the ex lead singer. I am gay (lesbian) myself and my buddy that went to the movie with me is a gay male. Riverdance is just as stupid to me as it is to any other striaght person. (We both laughed about it) I guess what the movie was trying to joke about it how lame the guys life had become. Riverdance isn't "gay" entertainment, its dork/geek entertainment in my opinion.
TwrSlvrchR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that ending was for comedy and i'm sure that it wasn't aimed to be an anti-gay thing. but since it upset and offended u they probably shouldn't have made that ending that way. what i'm trying to say is as long as other gay people weren't really insulted then this shouldn't be made a bigger deal than it really is.
Bellacinde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I got from the end of the movie was a very important message... Don't try to be someone that your not...Be yourself...that is the only place you will find happiness...
MonkD_girl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting topic all-around. Until I read these posts I'd forgotten all about the Riverdance thing. (I'm not gay, though, so it may not have affected me as personally.)

I felt really sorry for the character. Jason Flemyng did an awesome job in his few scenes. The hurt on his face after the "king" joke - it just broke my heart. I was glad they didn't play that moment for laughs. Which, I guess, could make that last dig at his character seem insulting.

MD
Rockstar Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the end was good humor and gave everyone something to think about. It depends on the way you see it. I think old Bobby Pierce just found the right thing for him, it was not singing Heavy Metal that was his passion, dancing was his passion. What is so mean about that? Just like Chris Cole made his choice, so did Bobby Pierce.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: