Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
ROCK STAR UK - Want the Bad News or the Good News??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Britgirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 8:47 am    Post subject: ROCK STAR UK - Want the Bad News or the Good News?? Reply with quote

Right - FINALLY got through to film marketing at Warner Bros UK.

Good News - We have a date! Rockstar opens December 26th! So, that's AGES away anyway, but that's not the bad news...

VERY, VERY bad news - apparently NO high profile premiere!!! (Britgirl sobs and wails in grief!). It will have a high profile launch but no premiere because at Christmas "It's the wrong time of year for that sort of thing".

I only hope he will come to the UK to do promo work anyway as part of the launch - but I have to wonder how likely that is as it's so near Christmas and he's such a family man, especially if there's not an actual premiere to attend.

So, girls, I think even if he doesn't come we should try and have a Rock Star/UK members of the board Christmas party somewhere, and do like the aussies do and take a cut out Mark with us.

For now, I'm off to smother my sorrows with choccy biscuits...
lempi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

December 26th!! I can't believe it! I dunno about Finland but if the premiere is in England on christmas I doubt that it would be here sooner..

I can't wait so long!
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx Britgirl for hammering away at the WB hacks. I'm surprised it's moved so far into winter, so far the Aussie date hasn't moved.

Seeing as RS hasn't been doing all that great in the states (or the colonies as one of my friends would say) I don't think marketing would be all that keen to spend money for a premiere. Marketing is always the first thing that gets cut [which is why I can't seem to find a job] So all around bad for everyone.

The Uk gathering sounds great tho, from what I hear our fellow Aussies had loads of fun.

Lianne
Britgirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lianne - and I expect you're right about the marketing budget. I was beginning to expect it would be put back that far into winter because all the news of it here was so quiet. I think they waited to see the US reaction before deciding the date. It must be in the holidays to give it the best possible chance of better figures - I think in spite of the lack of premiere they will push it as hard as they can here to emphasise the British connection (Timothy Spall, etc.) and get all the bored families sick of spending Christmas together to the cinema! Now I just have to think of how I will break the news that I can't visit them because I'm off to the movies on boxing day to my in-laws!
ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's pretty crap news britgirl...I was hoping for some kind of fun premiere as he probably won't have another movie out here for aaaaaaaaages. Christmas is an interesting choice of release by warner bros, heavy metal v's santa....!

Oh well, rock chick fashion, lots of alcohol and a cardboard cut out for our celebration party then...!Venue,Time & Envy? Edwards?lol

ali x
Britgirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Ali - getting ready my leather skirt, leopard print boob tube and chains for the rock chick look and my stilettos for Time & Envy! LOL!
PinkLady

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhhhhrrrrrraaaaaggghhhhhhhh! December.....why oh why must us Brits be punished......that's like 3 months after the states! The world is so cruel.......so very, very cruel....*slipping into a severe state of depression!*
emily14ukf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why oh why are we so behind the times?? i can't wait till december!!!!thanks brit for finding out 4 us, but man..............s'a bit crappy, aint it?

lol, ive already driven my friends mad, persuadig them to come c it wiv me....they'll have another 3 months of me going on!!!
Sophie Wahlberg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

December 26th. Too far! I have gotta tell my friends. They have been pestering me about finding the release date for Rock Star. Do u know if it is gonna b a 15 or 18? It better b 15!
Mark_fandk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya!
Yeah man i cant wait soo long either i mean i live in Denmark and it takes at least 3 months to get over here sometime a year OMG i cant wait soo lonngggg Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: