Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Lianne, Warner bros and Blockbuster?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
City Gal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: Lianne, Warner bros and Blockbuster? Reply with quote

Hi Lianne, do you anything about Blockbuster being in dispute with Warner Brothers? I've been trying to rent Rock Star and I was told that blockbuster isn't renting anything from Warner until they sort out their dispute.
Believe me when I went there half of the films were missing from the shelves so I guess it's a big fall out.
I'm gonna have to buy it on vhs instead.
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I've heard of. I was at my Blockbuster last month and they had RS. Only thing I've heard is Blockbuster was sued for anti-competitive practices by some indie video shops. but the case was thrown out. Blockbuster however is a part of Viacom, who also are connected to Vivendi Universal which has been in meltdown since Messier resigned from the company earlier this month. Perhaps its a UK dispute? I guess try your local indie video shop instead. If you were in the states I'd tell you to try netflix, they send it via mail and one can keep it for weeks at a time without penalty. Can you not buy it? The DVD should be cheaper and available, as the VHS is prob still insanely high to make people rent it.
LYNNE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Citygal you should have bought that video on e-bay.That was a steal.
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing it is a UK thing as I found this story on the boycott on a UK site http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/index.cgi?page=News&id=3407

Did you manage to find a copy yet? I know RS is just hitting the premium cable channels here, perhaps you can catch it on Pay Per View.
City Gal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lianne, I can now buy it at normal prices at Blackstar, when I wanted to pre-order it the price was 65 that's why I tried to hire it at blockbuster instead.
Interesting to know what the fuss is about though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: