Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
The truth about "Rock Star"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Conder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: The truth about "Rock Star" Reply with quote

"Rockstar" is premiering on HBO, August 10th.

After that, it goes into heavy rotation. This means that pretty much everyone in America who has HBO will see at least part of it while surfing around.

So it might be interesting for all of you to know the following:

Did you know that Mark Wahlberg's camp made Warner Bros. put a gag order on Micheal Matjiveic- that he couldn't, and for that matter, can't, even today, without written clearance,say what he sang. I have seen the contract.

Did you know that Walhberg repeatedly claimed that he "worked with a voice coach to increase sustain for six months"
and that he sang a good percentage of the songs.
Evidence from interview:

Entertainment Tonight
Interview
August 13, 2001
Now, were you singing?

I sing a lot of it. I sang throughout the whole thing and it was up to Steve to use my vocals when it was good and if they had to dub any of it. They were certainly more than welcome to dub anything.

AOL Chat Transcript
Sept 4, 2001

Question: Is that your real voice singing in 'Rock Star'?

Mark Wahlberg: Most of it, yes.

end interviews

There's a lot of purposeful confusion out there, created by Warner Bros. about who sang what on both the movie and the album.

Here, then, is the truth.

Jeff Scott Soto sang all of Bobby Beer's songs in the movie.

He sang "Stand Up and Shout" on the album.

Micheal Matijivec sang all of Chris Cole's parts- all of them(except the very last song, sung by Verve Pipe.)

He sang all of the other Steel Dragon songs on the album.

Mark Wahlberg lied, or at best, purposely fed the deception that he is that incredible voice.

The fact that the Wahlberg camp is trying to steal glory onto their star away from a should-be rock superstar is the truth.

I'll stop there.... for now. There's more.
I will keep pushing this until Mark comes clean and give Mr. Matijivec

City Gal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well well well, very interesting!
How come no-one has mentioned this before?
Phillygirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me ask you a question - WHO CARES? Did I go to see the movie because Mark was singing - UM No! As far as what "Mark W.'s Camp" worked out - WE DON'T CARE! Unless I hear it from Mark W's lips, I could care less.
Kevin Conder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the reason you didn't hear about this is both legal and Warner wanted to create the illusion that Mark sang.

I understand that and I'm fine with it. But the fact that Warner delibriately deceived the public and then leaglly gagged the real singer(Mike Matijevic) is well.. not good.

Understand that I don't have anything against Mark other than wanting him to stop taking credit that's not his.

And I do have reams of evidence. Like the original studio tapes...

I mean, aren't you guys ****ed that you were lied to? Geez, the guy makes 10 million a movie anyway. He has to pretend he's a great singer, too?
City Gal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well his singing has been discussed before and most of us know he didn't sing, it's in the RS section somewhere, but I am intrigued by why they would go to such lengths to cover it up.
SheilaB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who asked YOU to step your nose into what Mark did and didn't do? Why does it matter to you anyway? The appropriate people will get their credit when it is deserved, until then back off. I think you and Mark Shields need to have a discussion off the board. Frankly who gives a rip who actually sang what? We all know that Mark can sing, we've heard him in Boogie Nights. You really should email mr. shields and leave your **** off the board, none of us care what you said anyway, well, most of us anyway.
sarah and mark 4ever

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all calm down
I mean it sounds like Mark and that's all i care about. I mean if this is true they found an amazing double!
Now the next thing I am going to say which will probly get this thread closed is,
SCREW YOU!! I mean you come on to the fan message board, which by the way you had never been to. I checked your profile!!! And tell us a bunch of **** that doesn't matter.
Oh yeah you know there is a Rock Star Message Board use it!!!!
100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91, 90,........................................

------------------
http://www.ufanz.com/teams/deadsy/tracking.php?ti=177&mi=11087

City Gal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this subject is worth getting upset over.
LYNNE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Kev chill out man.
Can I ask you a question.Do you like Mark Wahlberg?
Ok nobody's getting upset.
Maybe Mark said he did a lot of singing.Maybe he did & a large percentage of it got dubbed.
Anyway when I saw the premier interview of Rock Star.The lady who was doing the interviewing on the red carpet said.Here is the guy that did most of the singing on the film.I think she spoke to him or pointed him out to the camera.
Strong words for a first post.
Lets all cool down.
Maybe you should be posting to Warner Brothers.
Kevin Conder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My, my, aren't we a passionate bunch.
That's good, when so many people lack it.

Let's get a few things clear-
1.)This is a "General" board- that means any material related to MW is relevant, correct?

2.) Starting a discussion based on the truth is never a bad idea. This is the U.S., right?

3.) Yes, my friends, I have e-mailed Warner and several magazines and TV shows.(And yes, I am getting responses.)

4.) If the moderator thinks what I've said is inapproriate he can pull it, right?

5.)If what I'm saying is a "how cares" issue, why fire off such salvos at me? Sounds like you care, a lot. Someone is saying something negative about someone you care about(Wahlberg). Now you know how I feel.

6.) This is not a "smear" campaign. This is a pro "give credit where credit is due" campaign. Remember the name: Michael Matijevic.

7.) There is far more around this issue than just who sang what. I mean, this is a message board. I can't lay everything out.

Believe me, I understand why Mark did what he did. Can you imagine what it was like for the guy who sang it all listening to Mark take credit?

LYNNE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all understand what you are saying but I don't think any of us here can change the situation.
elisabet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea WHY this is of great importance to you Kevin, do you have some kind of copywrite issue, have you been duped by the same thing at some point? are you a singer/songwriter that has had lyrics/credit taken from you?. I can tell you right now that Mark will NOT come on here personally and say 'look Kevin is right, I didn't sing at all on Rock Star', you have more chance of angels flying out of your arse mate and unfortunately you're going to come up against a lot of angry people for posting this, maybe that's what you were after all along. Lianne, our administrator has made it quite clear that Mark DID NOT sing on Rockstar and Warner Bros has not sued her to my knowledge.

PS Are you Michael Matijevic?, is he your brother,lover,friend? I'm intrigued by this, I'll be saying Michael Matijevic in my sleep tonight, well maybe not....

[This message has been edited by elisabet (edited July 24, 2002).]
sarah and mark 4ever

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look where you were moved to dumb *** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I am sure this Matjiveic know what he was getting into!!
Oh and Elisabet don't worry, all smiles here
------------------
http://www.ufanz.com/teams/deadsy/tracking.php?ti=177&mi=11087

[This message has been edited by sarah and mark 4ever (edited July 24, 2002).]
elisabet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See what I mean Kev?
Kevin Conder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your replies. BTW, I am not Matijevic. Please keep any hostility or offense you feel to me and not him. He has no knowledge of this. At least, I got you to remember the name. And everything I've written is true.

I am a writer and I will be soon starting a new project, loosely based on a rock star's life in the next century. If you search on my name on Amazon or any book site, you'll see my latest novel.

What I've been doing here, although I doubt if any of you care, is a kind of research. I thought this little drama made **** good copy. So do a lot of other people. I might just lift this whole thread(with a few creative changes) into the book.

Thank you for showing me how deeply some people care about their idols. And how thin-skinned they can be about them.

I expected harsh replies, but I must admit the viciousness of your posts was more than I was ready for.

May you all find what you are looking for and may that be all that you expected it to be and more.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: