Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
is mark singing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LYNNE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about singing on Rock Star.Has anyone visited the kareoke sight for it.It's really funny.Such a laugh.
MadameRubi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the DVD and under the special features is the commentary option, which goes through the whole movie with the directors commentary and he states in there that Mark was doing some of the singing. But not very much since he has a much deeper voice than your average 80's rock singer. Anyway the commentary totally clears all that up and he even tells you at about which points Mark is really singing.

Late,
Rubi
Super Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madz don't forget that MP3s can be named anything -- just because you saw Mark's name in the filename does not make it official. If I put my name in the title of an MP3 song you wouldn't think I sang it, would you? Besides, MP3s are still, for better or worse, pirated copies of songs ripped from a CD. Whoever does the ripping can name each file whatever he or she wants. There are no "official" MP3s of about 99% of all soundtracks and albums out there. Maybe one day, but not quite yet.

Respectfully,
Mark

p.s. Again, let's get past this old topic, can't we? Lianne's explanation said is clear as a bell.
Marks Baby

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wut kinda songs r on the soundtrack. i so want it but only if it haz all the songs he sang. i luv mark!
ROCKSTAR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justdeb I remember to brings back some good memories. Does anyone know the answer is he singing or not, I remember him singing rap in Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, but I've never known him to sing Rock.
Infinity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep jusdeb i remember that song infact i have their tape with it on boy i must me old lol
Kelbo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello new girl here!
I Love Mark and this movie is a massive fave of mine. I am a huge Jeff Scott Soto fan too, and boy is this bloke a top geezer and wow what a voice hey?

Kelbo
Micher6571

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not to ruin the fans hopes or anything but you know he might have sang a little bit of the songs but guess what a lot of songs by any artist can be dubbed and lip sync. But they obviously had to make the movie and the soundtrack identical. I hope u guys would be able to realize and notice a difference if it was Mark's voice verses someone else's.
mymicstand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! So if any of you are like me, and were wondering if Mark is actually singing on the movie rockstar...I would like to give you a tip. The question has apparently been answered 27 times on this very message board! Please if your unrealistically bored and indefinably tired, then read this entire page and it will give you a good laugh. There are numerous references to prove that he does not do most of the singing. However, there are still people who feel the need to "stand up and shout" that Mark is doing all of the singing. I don't know why I think its so funny, but I do. I don't know why I am posting a message, but I am.
Shira

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i think yes he had a job with singing before i think song wouldhave to be on of the qualifications so i think yes somehave answered your question already so just had to add that
Hevy Devy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True rock and roll will never fade away. Mark Walberg did not do the singing for the film, dispite some articles saying hetook lessons and did his own singing. Thankfully, the movie producers went on a worldwide search to find the best 80's stylerock and roll musicians. The soundtrack has a great line up withKiss, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, The Verve Pipe, and many more. What stood out to me was that the producers put together a band,who never played together before, and pulled it off brilliantly.Steel Dragon has two lead singers, Mike Matijevic and Jeff ScottSoto. Most people have never heard of these guys. Mike Matijevic was in a band called Steelheart, and the band split upafter piece of the stage fell on him, causing him to be hospitalized for a number of months, after a 100% recovery, the band was no more. His voice has such range, and is clear at all volumes, quite amazing considering the style of music. His top single was "I'll Never Let You Go", that song is what most people remember him by. Jeff Scott Soto did a lot of cover band work, singing Ozzy tunes and such. He sounds like Gene Simmons of Kiss a little bit, and has a great voice that compliments Mike Matijevic's range and contol. All things said, if you like great vocals, heavy metal or hard rock, new, and never been over played on the radio kind of music, than this album is right for you. Lets all hope that when Mark Walburg promotes the film as the lead vocalist, he gives some credit to Mike Matijevic and Jeff Scott Soto for providing such heart pounding, high screaming, and true 80's heavy metal rock'in, that make this album a must have for anyone who likes to rock!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: