Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Ocean's 11 News

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Truth About Charlie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2000 3:19 pm    Post subject: Ocean's 11 News Reply with quote

I just found this recent article on a UK website with George talking about Ocean's Eleven:

George Clooney Talks 'Ocean's Eleven'

Mark Wahlberg has clearly made a big impression on George Clooney. The two actors have starred in 'Three Kings' and the upcoming 'Perfect Storm', and now Clooney has revealed to Popcorn that he's willing to postpone production on 'Ocean's Eleven' in order to accommodate his buddy.

'Ocean's Eleven' was due to begin production next January - with Clooney, Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts - but the ex-'ER' man tells us he'll try and postpone it a month "to see if we can get Mark freed up". Wahlberg is, of course, starring in Tim Burton's 'Planet Of The Apes' remake and will definitely star in 'Ocean's Eleven', according to Clooney, "if he can finish his ape movie in time."

The film is a remake of the 1960 Rat Pack heist movie and sees Clooney reunited with his 'Out Of Sight' director Steven Soderbergh. Clooney says the 2000 edition of 'Ocean's Eleven' "is a completely different story, we weren't out looking to do a rat-pack story".

In fact, although Clooney loves the new script (by Ted Griffin), he's not a huge fan of the original, which starred Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and the gang. "I was driving across country on a bus with my buddies and we got it [on video] a couple of years ago and we're like 'Woooooo!' We stuck it in and went 'Woooo!', and then ten minutes into it you're like 'Woo'. It just sort of fades away. So I'm a real fan of the idea and of the guys that were in it, but I'm a big fan of the script we're doing now."

You can next see Clooney battling against the elements in 'The Perfect Storm', which opens in the UK on July 28.
Bi@n_ca*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Debbie! That "Wooo!" -thing was kinda funny

------------------
I'm a real Markaholic, and I'll never be rehabilitated

Stine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2000 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I thought so to.

Just saw GC at Letterman, he's really charming.

------------------
Wild, wild horses couldn't drag me away

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Truth About Charlie All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: