Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Major SPOILERS The plot of Charlie revealed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Truth About Charlie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 7:00 pm    Post subject: Major SPOILERS The plot of Charlie revealed Reply with quote

Well I know this is a remake, but dang this PR release just about outline the whole movie out for you. Soooooo, if you don't want to know, go away now.

Lianne

SPOILERS
P
O
I
L
E
R

Wednesday August 1, 2:42 pm Eastern Time
Press Release
SOURCE: Universal Pictures
Jonathan Demme's 'The Truth About Charlie,' Starring Mark Wahlberg And Thandie Newton, Wraps Principal Photography in Paris
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Aug. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Principal photography has been completed on Universal Pictures' ``The Truth About Charlie,'' Academy Award-winning director Jonathan Demme's exhilarating combination of romance and suspense set against the backdrop of an edgy, modern Paris.

A fresh take on the 1963 Stanley Donen film Charade, ``The Truth About Charlie'' stars Mark Wahlberg, Thandie Newton, Tim Robbins, Joong-Hoon Park, Ted Levine, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Christine Boisson, Stephen Dillane, Magali Noel, Simon Abkarian and Sakina Jaffrey, with special musical appearances by Charles Aznavour, Anna Karina, Pierre Carre and Gallic rappers Saian Supa Crew.

Demme, who won an Oscar for his direction of ``The Silence of the Lambs,'' produced the film with Ed Saxon and Peter Saraf, and co-wrote the script with Steve Schmidt. Ilona Herzberg is executive producer and Neda Armian associate producer. Demme's top-drawer behind-the-camera team includes director of photography Tak Fujimoto, editor Carol Littleton, composer Rachel Portman, production designer Hugo Luczyc-Wyhowski and costume designer Catherine Leterrier. The Paris-based production began filming on March 14. Post-production work will be done in New York, with the film scheduled for release next year.

"In many ways, 'The Truth About Charlie' returns Jonathan to the kind of suspenseful film and filmmaking he was known for earlier in his career,'' said Mary Parent, Universal Pictures co-president, production. ``Jonathan has always loved a strong female lead in deep trouble in films as diverse as 'Something Wild,' 'Married to the Mob' and 'Silence of the Lambs,' and in 'The Truth About Charlie,' he's found a thriller that's right up his alley.''

Scott Stuber, Universal Pictures' co-president, production, said: ``Jonathan has really taken Paris and transformed it from merely a sophisticated backdrop for the story into a key character in the film, with a tense, dangerous allure that heightens both the romance and the suspense of the piece.''

Regina Lambert (Thandie Newton) meets the charming Joshua Peters (Mark Wahlberg) while vacationing in Martinique, as she contemplates ending her whirlwind marriage to the enigmatic Charlie (Stephen Dillane). But upon her return to Paris, she finds that both her apartment and her bank account have been emptied, and her husband has been mysteriously murdered. A trio of his old cohorts (Joong-Hoon Park, Ted Levine, LisaGay Hamilton) has begun shadowing her in hopes of answering their own questions about Charlie and recovering a bundle of missing cash. Joshua is in Paris now, too, and ready to offer any help he can.

The more Reggie learns, the more she must find out to fill in the missing pieces of this puzzle and to protect herself from ever-increasing danger. Joshua lays a growing claim on her affection, even as disturbing information about him surfaces and undermines her trust. Hard-edged Commandant Dominique (Christine Boisson) thinks Reggie herself is the most likely suspect. The attentions of a straight-laced embassy official (Tim Robbins) make Reggie's situation even more complicated. But all she can do is carry on with the knowledge that in life, as in love, nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

Universal Pictures is a unit of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com), a part of CANAL+, the TV and Film division of Vivendi Universal, a new global leader in media and communication.

For further information, please contact, Jeff Sakson of Universal Pictures, 818-777-4791

SOURCE: Universal Pictures
Kathleen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good and since I never saw charade I don't know how it ends (for a possible similar ending in this one)

I didnt know Jonathan VanDemme did Silence of the Lambs
Melody

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez Lianne! OK, i just wanted to know what charde was about? Is that why u erased my post?:z
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melody
I actually tried to reply, but the board erased it (this was when the board was wacky)

And as I was looking around for it, I noticed I did answer the question in an earlier topic.

Lianne
Melody

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i should look harder,make more research but its just that there`s never enough time
Markgirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Joshua character is odd. I watched a little bit of Charade last night. I hope that Mark makes it look good, cause Carey Grant was exellent.
milky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im so gonna watch it when it comes out! I wanted to rent the older version but i couldint find it at blockbuster n th library only had a version for the blind, which htey pause the scene n explain whats happening it gets kinda annoying to i didnt get it.
sarah and mark 4ever

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will go see the movie anyway i liked the old one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Truth About Charlie All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: