Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
'Charlie' reshoots?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Truth About Charlie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazuko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:43 am    Post subject: 'Charlie' reshoots? Reply with quote

June 13, 2002

Countdown.com Exclusive:Set report from 'Charlie' reshoots

One of my friends was recently in California (near LA) and came across a film production. She wasn't sure what movie it was for, but did know the actress she saw there. She said that the woman starred in Mission: Impossible 2, which was Thandie Newton, who also stars in The Truth About Charlie. The film must be going under reshoots. Here's what she had to tell us:

They pulled out a few fake trees and I sign that said: Valet parking $2.50. He showed me that they where wetting down the streets to make it look better for the movie. So we turned to watch and saw them move a car into place. Then Thandie Newton got into the car with some other actor [Mark Walberg]. The director told us all to be quiet and started the take. They pulled up to the hotel got out and walked in and that was it. They did this one more time while we watched on the teleprompter. I will ask my uncle later where and at what hotel it was at. He knows. In side the hotel was blocked off with blackout curtains and the crews were unloading and loading furniture. Earlier that day we were at the cafe next door and watching, and I think they were filming inside. If I can, I'll tell you more later.

http://countingdown.com/movies/truthaboutcharlie/movieinfo/production?item_id=816045
City Gal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I heard it got mixed reviews and with the release date always moving you kind of wonder whats happening!
elisabet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how many film crews show up around here. I took my little girl for her swim lesson at our local pool, and there was a film shoot going outside there! Not the most glamorous place in town! Maybe all the 'charlie' reshoots will result in an even later release date
City Gal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that sometimes when a film hasn't gone as well as expected it gets released straight to video but there has been alot of hype over this film so I hope it's a good one, I heard that though Mark was the lead actor, in the previews they thought Thandie Newton was alot better then Mark and "stole the show" leaving Mark looking more like a supporting role!

Maybe thats why they want to re-shoot some of it? If he's starting The Italian Job soon will they have enough time though?
elisabet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may release the Italian Job before Charlie, like POTA before Rockstar. Mark straight to VIDEO!!! Oh please NOOOO!!!!
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that certainly explains why Universal hasn't had anything on the film, much less any gossip. Thanks Kazuko. Has anyone seen a script review for this movie? It would certainly help me get a vibe on the thing. I had leary feelings with POTA after reading about the early versions and hearing it later got chopped and rewritten.

In anycase, I sincerely doubt it would go straight to video with such high profile connections and also with International financing backing it. I told you the date wasn't confirmed and now we know why. Argh, I hate how dates change so much.

I guess its good for Mark as he wouldn't have to rush through TIJ and jump right into the publicity machine for this film. It would be a tight fit, with TIJ shooting in August leaving Mark with 3 months to film if it opened in Oct. Also it would put the movie more into the Oscar race as it seems the academy ignores movies that don't open in Nov/Dec (unless they are a nondrama genre - ie Moulin Rouge)

He was pretty rushed with POTA and that was coming off principal filming of Charlie and then RS was a couple months after that.
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rereading this and now I'm not too sure on this tidbit. This friend wasn't sure what the movie was and only recognized Thandie - yet Mark's name is in brackets next to the words 'some other actor'. Makes me think its an editor addition. It could of been Thandie's shooting another movie. Hmmm....
LYNNE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh its all a bit of a mystery isn't it.Thanks for the pics though.
Kazuko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it might be another movie, becauce Charlie's set in PARIS, but "Valet parking $2.50".......?

I reserched Thandie's current project.
She's shooting "Shade" from May and filming Locations is Los Angeles, California, USA.
So maybe this news from countdown.dom is not right...Sorry for posting that.

Male co-stars are Gabriel Byrne, Jamie Foxx, Bo Hopkins, Sylvester Stallone, Stuart Townsend.
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0323939

[This message has been edited by Kazuko (edited July 11, 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Truth About Charlie All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: