Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Filming Locations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Italian Job
View previous topic :: View next topic  
City Gal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on now phillygirl think positive, they may need local folk to work as extras!!!!! They do that alot in England anyway.
You are sounding quite sensible about the whole thing but it would be great if you did get to meet him.
Phillygirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

City Gal - Boy I did have that poo-poo attitude didn't I?!

I know how to find a band but I've never had to deal with finding a movie shoot. And you know after posting that reply to topic, I immediately went to the Paramount website, got their mailing address and am sending them a letter to see if they can provide me with any shoot info. Who knows, maybe they will maybe they won't but at least I tried.

And I see from the IMBd site that Donald Sutherland is also going to be in the movie. I always hate it when fans play the "Remember me?" card but he filmed a movie in my dad's precinct a few years ago in Detroit so maybe I can play that card and see where it leads. Ahhh, the wheels are turning!! I can see the smoke coming from my ears as I type!!

City Gal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's a pity Travelprincess hasn't been back to the mb's, she works at paramount.
Don't you have a local council like we do over here, maybe they can provide information as I'm assuming the production company will have to let them know if they are planning shooting there.
I wonder if the car chases will happen there, what's the place like?
City Gal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hang on a minute!!! Is philly near New Jersey??????? I have a friend who lives there and he also has a brother working in Hollywood I wonder if he'll know anything, I'll give him a call..
Phillygirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philly is a hop skip & a jump from New Jersey. Any assistance you can give would be WONDERFUL - Thanks City Gal.

I don't know who I would contact in Philly about the possibility of a movie filming in the area. Usually its on the local news but I haven't heard anything yet.

I'm hoping that maybe someone at Paramount will take pity on a fan and pass along some info.

I'll keep you guys informed!
City Gal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend will try to find out for me but told me to have a look at www.philly.com for any news.
City Gal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillygirl I have been looking around and cbs says that filming this movie BEGINS in Philadelphia and if thats the 3 of August it's only a few days away, have you heard of sunset heights? Whats it like? Anyway, keep your eye on www.pbs.org www.ldjw-films.8k.com and www.sethgreenonline.com
Phillygirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - I'm trying to keep myself from getting into trouble so I will be VERY careful what I post. So far, no one is able to tell me anything which is what I would expect. The Greater Philadelphia Film Office has a website www.film.org and they say that they don't know of "The Italian Job" filming there so I may have reached a dead end. Ben Affleck is going to be here middle of August till end of filming doing "Jersey Girl" in case anyone cares!!

Why is it I can always get the low down on the person I'm NOT looking for?
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Mark S would know, there was a test screening of Charlie in Philly and he didn't get an invite to it.

But, its always like that isn't it? I went looking for the Hulk filming not too long ago, and did find the area, but they had a 2 block cushion (with a hill too) on filming, so you couldn't see a darn thing. Saw fake Santa Monica cop cars about.

Then 2 weeks later I'm on the bus and we zoom right by the stars filming a scene. If only I didn't have to go to work that day...

Anycase, IMDB isn't that accurate, its not bad, but not exactly reliable. Anycase, could be just 2nd unit filming, in which case, Mark would most likely not be there. All I've read in the trades (ie HR & Variety listings) are LA and Italy. Maybe they were thinking of doing Philly and someone passed the info to IMDB and then budget concerns, they decided against it.

If the movie sites think its a big deal (ie something movie geeks are interested in), expect news to leak out. There wasn't much on Charlie, but I suppose romantic thrillers aren't exactly the cup of tea for the mostly male centric audience they cater to. TIJ will be more like it, robbery, fast cars...

Very true on the local news sources for filming (unless you're in LA or NYC - happens every day so its not as a big of a deal) I knew about the filming of The Hulk from leaks from the local University paper (they filmed some at their lab), which in turn showed up in the local news and soon after on TV.
Phillygirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm going to try my darndest Lianne!! The Philly Film group knew nothing about any filming here so who knows. She said she could have at least told me it was if she knew for sure but not where or when.

I can be a real determined bugger when I set my mind to it so I'll be kind and professional and try my darndest!!

And Mark S. - if you want to throw a bone this poor girl's way feel free to email me!! I'd owe you big time!
Phillygirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I may be able to get off my knees and stop begging people for help!!

I found a YAHOO! Website with a movie review (Just popped up there today.) and it says:
"Filming: Production is scheduled to start on August 3rd, 2000 in Los Angeles at the Paramount lot, with location filming also being done in Italy."

I emailed the guy and asked for confirmation but nothing yet. So maybe I might be just like the rest of you and missed him!
City Gal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh how disappointing for you phillygirl, never mind he may yet make a film in Philadelphia so keep those contacts.
LYNNE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha!The saying headless chickens springs to mind with Citygal & Phillygirl at the moment.lol
nashvillegirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know if L.A. is still the initial location for the shoot, and how far back production might be pushed there? Just curious...thanks
City Gal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm not a headless chicken, she lives so close it would be criminal if she missed out on seeing him, just remember, if he comes to London Lynne....................

Hey Nashvillegirl, welcome to the boards, do you plan to go to LA?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Italian Job All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: