Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
NY city and WASHINGTON bombed...you guys this is SERIOUS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic Messages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katya

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My God!
Yesterday night was all devoted to the news from the USA. It happened when it was 6pm in my city. I watched TV with my mouth open and couldn't believe my eyes. Terrible!
I just thought about that episode in Three Kings when Troy was tortured by an Iraq fighter and the latter said something like "imagine your little babe under ruins".
Woo, I hate to think that there are SOME things people CAN predict...
All I'm terribly afraid of is war. If politicians are inclined to think the attack has been prepared by the terrorists from the Middle East there definitely is something to be scared about, because this "area of terror" is much closer to our country than it should be.

Still I'm mourning for those innocent who died during that barbarian attack, for their families and friends. No one can stay away from this disaster. Remember Ernest Hamingway (sp?) with his For Whom The Bell Tolls? - Everybody counts.

As our President said yesterday - we are supporting you....

God bless you all.
Katya

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My God!
Yesterday night was all devoted to the news from the USA. It happened when it was 6pm in my city. I watched TV with my mouth open and couldn't believe my eyes. Terrible!
I just thought about that episode in Three Kings when Troy was tortured by an Iraq fighter and the latter said something like "imagine your little babe under ruins".
Woo, I hate to think that there are SOME things people CAN predict...
All I'm terribly afraid of is war. If politicians are inclined to think the attack has been prepared by the terrorists from the Middle East there definitely is something to be scared about, because this "area of terror" is much closer to our country than it should be.

Still I'm mourning for those innocent who died during that barbarian attack, for their families and friends. No one can stay away from this disaster. Remember Ernest Hamingway (sp?) with his For Whom The Bell Tolls? - Everybody counts.

As our President said yesterday - we are supporting you....

God bless you all.
Britgirl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had the news on all day here. I still can't believe it. This will effect us all forever - and what I can't get over is how much this did look like a movie - Independence Day or something. It also felt like we were all potentially under attack. Very, very frightening, shocking and unbelievable. But in that movie we were under attack from an alien nation - but this is real, and this is other humans doing this to other humans. I can't comprehend that - surely this is the nearest we will ever get to seeing pure evil at work?
Sybel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that this will be a WWIII-this was a terrorist attack, not an attack based in one of the larger more dominant nations...if anything it may resemble desert storm...still scary and upsetting...
the facts are now that at least 46 confirmed dead...thousands missing...the capacity of the towers was 50,000 people...hundreds of police officers, fire fighters and emergency rescue crews were also killed as the second tower collapsed...the terrorists on the planes held the passengers hostage with either plastic or home-made knives...reports are now leaning towards Osama Bin Laden as the culprit...transmissions were intercepted in the US where some of his group were talking about "having successfully hit targets in the US"...the Palestinians may not be responsible but those who are celebrating in the streets should be ashamed-more than ashamed. If the US attacked the Palestinians, we wouldn't be handing candy out to our children and laughing in the streets...their minds have been propagandized beyond reclamation-they are officially sick-all life is sacred.
Britgirl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw footage of the Palestinians gathering to light candles and hold up signs expressing their sympathy for what has happened. Our news teams here are saying this is more representative of the mood in Palestine and that the celebrations were the small minority. I hope this is the case as I cannot think that other humans, wherever they may be, or whatever they might have endured in the past, could celebrate such horrific events.
celtress

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all....does anyone remember me? I haven't been here in awhile. I keep meaning to come to the site and post a message, but have been moving like a crazy person. I'm still a MW fan! I came to the site today to send hugs and best wishes to everyone, especially after the tragedy that happened here yesterday. My cousin was in the World Trade Center in Tower 1 on the 48th floor, when the first plane crashed. She thank god made it out of the building...just before it fell and she has told me there were people still left in her office when she went down the stairwell, her co-workers and friends. She has accounted for many of them but not all. Inside the building they didn't know what happened, they thought it was an earthquake. I can't describe the horror when I saw the big hole in the North Tower and then the second plane crash right through the South Tower, and then realize my cousin was in there and also that my father was working in the subway down below. I also know how many people who have prayed and continue to pray those who have loved ones still inside and those who could not make it out...my heart goes out to them. My cousin told me of horrific things she saw on her way down the stairwell and some people had asthma attacks and couldn't make it all the way down, the fire-fighters and police officers were still going up as so many were still up there. She said as they neared the teens on the floors they began to realize the building was falling all that she thought and everyone else was that it was falling and they had to get out, but the fire-fighters and police officers kept going up to save lives and my heart goes out to them. The ceilings were falling in as they went down on each floor like dominoes, they stopped every floor to let people off the floor. She only realized it wasn't an earthquake when she got out and having finally stopped running when she reached the Brooklyn Bridge turned around and saw the building she just left fall to the ground. She finally got in touch with us when she reached the other side of the Bridge on Flatbush Ave, soaked from head to toe because the stairwell were scorching and covered in soot and ash, when a bus driver took her on to the bus and helped her use her cell phone the only thing she held on to....America will survive because there are to many good people for it not to. My father is ok also, but two subway tunnels collapsed. My prayers and heart and soul go out to those who are still unaccounted for and their families. Peace.
Cindy
markydirk88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's really sad the way i found out... well i live in kentucky in a catholic school so i have been brough up very religiously, so yesterday morning we're in church and father barns says "i would also like you to pray for the repose of the souls of those who accidently crashed into the twin towers" and when i hear that i got really scared and sad for these people, so when i get back in to my home room my teacher walks in and she's very shaky and scared and she says" teroists are bombing our country" and my stomach just drops! and everyone inmy class got real silent. then we swtiched into my math class and she made us watch the news on tv and all this information about people dying and hijackers and all this flew at me and all i could think to do was pray and cry and i was ssooo scared my mom would get bombed and i was so sad for the people who lost they're loved ones... so everyone pray for the families and friends of yah know these people and pray that you know we dont go to war and this stops.
The Sparkling Diamond

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the way over here in Australia we are feeling the terrible impacts this has had on the world. I am as are many, many others, praying for the victims, their families, friends and colleagues and those facing uncertainties whether their loved ones are alive.
This was a shocking and terrible event that will live forever in infamy.
If something like this can happen in the free world, what does that say about our future?
The world and it's people will be changed forever after these terrible events, and we will find it difficult to recover from this.
The terrible images of this tragedy will surely be imprinted in our minds, hearts and souls forever.

[This message has been edited by The Sparkling Diamond (edited September 13, 2001).]
Britgirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This absolutely effects every one of us. They have just said on the lunchtime news here that several hundred British people are almost certain to have been killed. I know this is - so very, very sadly - going to be a small figure compared to the loss in America - but it shows how so much of the world will be directly effected as well as the more general sense that our freedom has been attacked. America, you are not alone. We all want to help you, and that includes bringing the people who did this to justice. If that means action, then I for one am very prepared to support my government and NATO in whatever decisions they have to take to help you.
troubled

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prayers go out to everyone in the US and around the world...i live overseas in the middle east and i cant even begin to describe the shock everyone here is going through. No one here can believe that someone is this stupid to try and attack the most powerful country. Our school was closed on wednesday for fear of attacks since it is the American School.When we returned today(our weekend is thursday and friday) we had an assembly and a moment of prayer and silence for those whos lives have been effected. All i really wanna to say is that i heard so much negative things about the arabs and middle eastern people and since i am an american living around them i really think you guys should hear me out. You dont even have the slighest guess as to how half these people live. Most of the countries here have been in battles for so long and people have been dying for many years. They live in terrible conditions and they really cant do anything about it. When you see palestinians or other arabs partying on tv you need to remember they live in a whole different life and see things at a different perspective.They have been living in battles all their lives and when they finally see other people getting a taste of what they go trough everyday, they feel good.They really odnt think anyone knows how they feel. They dont live in the same comfort everyday as I do or most of you.
I am not supporting what happend in WTC and the Pentagon, the poeple involved should pay for what they did, but all im saying is dont hate other innocent people just because the terrorist may have come from their country...it doesnt mean they are terrorist aswell...and if you do attack them it doesnt make you any better than the terrorists...
Im an american from Cali and i have lots of arab friends and this is y im telling you this...becuase i know what nice people they r and i know how they feel when they are always steriotyped in bad ways...so please dont blame the innocent.
All my prayers go out to all of you and God Bless You.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: