Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Casting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic Messages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markgehler

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Casting Reply with quote

Hey everyone!
I just heard that they are casting for the movie "invincible" My question is how do you try out for a role in a movie? Where and when is the casting call? I have always had a general interest in acting but have not had any opportunities due to being in the Marine Corps for the past four years. Im very new at this and would greatly appreciate a response from someone who knows, thank you.
-Mark
vevie
The RobertWahlberg.com Webmastah!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPEN CALL for INVINCIBLE
There will be an open call for non-union background actors for the feature film, "Invincible". Shooting begins in late July through the Fall in PHILADELPHIA.

Stay tuned for details - the open call will be in mid-June, exact date to be annouced soon!

SAG actors who missed the union open call may MAIL pictures and resumes.

NO E-MAILS or PHONE CALLS Please.
May 24 2005

http://heerycasting.com/index.php
vevie
The RobertWahlberg.com Webmastah!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted on Sun, Jun. 12, 2005
Inqlings | A casting call to play for the pros

By Michael Klein

Vince Papale was a 30-year-old bartender/substitute teacher and had no college football experience when he won a spot on the Eagles squad at an open tryout in 1976.

Now other undiscovered football players have a shot at fame as Invincible, a movie based on Papale's story, will be filmed here this summer for Walt Disney Studios. Mark Wahlberg likely will star.

Who's Nuts Productions will lead open calls for jocks (age 18 to 35) who will play for the camera as members of the Eagles, Giants, Bengals and Cowboys. Prospects will be seen from 1 to 6 p.m. June 23, or 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 24 at the Radisson Hotel, 2400 Old Lincoln Highway, Trevose (info: www.reelsports.net or 215-546-4140).

Shooting will start at the end of July after a two-week training camp and will wrap at the end of August. Pay has not been disclosed; be advised that those selected will lose their NCAA eligibility. Because the film is set in 1976, prospects are encouraged to let their hair grow.

But they mustn't let their bodies go, says Mark Ellis, the film's action coordinator, who has choreographed action in the new Longest Yard, Jerry Maguire, Varsity Blues, Radio and Miracle. "These guys better have extensive college football experience," Ellis says. "Remember this is about the NFL, the highest platform of sports. We have to make the action look real... . We'll have 22 people [on the field] doing a very violent dance. You can't fake this stuff."

Aspiring extras of the nonathletic variety would be advised to keep an eye open this week for word of an open call to be held June 18 in South Philadelphia.

"I'm so fired up, I think I could go back in and play," said Papale, 59, an executive with college lender Sallie Mae, after a meeting Friday with producers

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/entertainment/columnists/11872810.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: