Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Just where has Mark's accent gone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic Messages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Just where has Mark's accent gone? Reply with quote

Ok, I wasn't sure where to put this one..

But, it was brought up in another thread, and has got me thinking..

Has anyone noticed that Mark and Donnie for that matter don't have their accents that much anymore?

I mean you can hear it every now and then, but where did there accents go.. I loved listening to them talk..

But, then again that goes back to me being a southerner and loving that Boston accent...
My URL
http://www.myspace.com/straycatpromotions

Official Funkbs Website URL:
http://funkbs.xbuild.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hmjackso

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I KNOW, I KNOW!! Evil or Very Mad

I hate that they cover up their accents! i think the boston accent is the sexiest accent around. they probably decided to "lose" them for professional reasons.

i think some people equate boston accents with "blue-collar" tough guys and maybe directors would not be able to see them portraying any character other than that type. to lose the accent broadens their marketability as actors.

i think i remember mark saying that he worked with a voice coach for a long time to help loose his. Crying or Very sad

if you ever rent the dvd of The Basketball Diaries, there is a behind the scenes clip of mark talking about his character. his accent is really thick in this clip. its kind of funny watching it too because mark looks so young and inexperienced! but he looks adorable and sound sooo sexy!

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: