Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
- Mark News -

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_h0ney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: - Mark News - Reply with quote

04/21/06
Mark Wahlberg's Gay Uncle Taught Him Tolerance

Mark WahlbergMark Wahlberg learned to accept gay people after discovering his late uncle was a closet homosexual. The star grew up on the mean streets of Boston where gay issues weren't discussed and homosexuals kept their private lives a well-kept secret.

But Wahlberg, who served time for beating up an Asian man, admits considering his uncle's life reminds him to accept everyone.

He says, "My uncle was gay and he was a teamster and a truck driver and he was a guy's guy, but he kept this secret his whole life. Imagine how hard that must have been for him. I feel so bad. Every time my dad brings it up, he cries because he loves his brother more than anything. He doesn't care what it was. He was born that way. Acceptance is the key. The only way you're gonna succeed in life and really grow as a human being is through acceptance."

(This news article provided by World Entertainment News Network)
Source: Starpulse.com - Branford,CT,USA

04/21/06
Mark Wahlberg Often Thinks About the Time He Spent in Prison

Mark WahlbergMark Wahlberg "cherishes" the recurring nightmares he has about his prison sentence because they constantly remind him to make the right decisions. The star was sent to prison for assault when he was 17, and he admits he relives the "disgusting" experience over and over again.

He says, "It was just the fact that I couldn't come and go as I pleased and also it was the first time I really had the opportunity to reflect; I was sober long enough to realize the harm that I had caused. I still think about going to jail often. I have a lot of recurring nightmares about being back in prison or being pursued for something that I didn't do or something that I did but it was kinda an accident. But I actually cherish those dreams because I think those things keep me focused ... because all it takes is one thing."

And Wahlberg admits he struggled with his harsh Boston upbringing when he first started acting and getting recognized in Hollywood. He adds, "It took me so long to stop getting in trouble ... because you see somebody looking at you and you're like, 'Oh, s**t! This guy's gonna do something to me, I better do something to him first."

(This news article provided by World Entertainment News Network)
Source: Starpulse.com - Branford,CT,USA
kirsty luvin mark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha i just got a email sayin all that!!!!

_h0ney

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRISTY!!! Laughing Laughing...finally good to see you on here!! Very Happy

Yep Yep, gotta keep up w/ them Mark News!!! It's just too important to ignore!! ...whatever it is! lol Wink

Muah!!!

myra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: - Mark News - Reply with quote

_h0ney wrote:
Mark Wahlberg Often Thinks About the Time He Spent in Prison

Well IMO with all that money and success you either destroy yourself and end up dead or use it to become a better person.I'm almost sure Mark fights the urge to do something he shouldn't everyday because who you were and where you came from is always in the back of your head and sometimes the smallest things can bring that out. so Mark is really strong and smart, he doesn't get confused between good and bad , he sticks to the good Arrow GOOD 4 HIM Smile Confused I'm not sure i like many ppl would be able to handle that Exclamation
_h0ney

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said!! I totally agree with you!!

virginia_lp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKX for sharing it!

Very Happy

. Virshi .

http://virgi-fromthe-sky.spaces.live.com
http://www.myspace.com/virginia_lp
http://www.twitter.com/virginia_lp
virgi1525_91@hotmail.com

Virginia ~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mrsmercer109

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awwww we would never think that about mark if we say him would we ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> In The News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: