Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
The Other Guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Mark Wahlberg Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: The Other Guys Reply with quote

Can't wait. Can you guys!?!?!?

This film is going to be sooo awesome.
Summer Entertainment Guide
This week's cover: Your Summer Must List
by EW staff

Quote:
Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg team up with director Adam McKay (Anchorman, Talladega Nights) for The Other Guys, our pick for summer’s most promising comedy. Though Wahlberg and Ferrell play a pair of mismatched NYC policemen, don’t expect your typical buddy-cop movie. “The buddy-cop movie is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much dead,” McKay says. “There hasn’t been a good one in, what, 20 years?” As on all his movies, McKay encouraged lots of improvisation, and Wahlberg quickly got into it. “I really put myself out there,” he says. “I just kept getting crazier and crazier and crazier. I was waiting for Adam to say, ‘Dude, will you chill the f— out?’ But it never happened. I wouldn’t have been able to do that years ago — I was too self-conscious.” During one of their many verbal sparring matches, Ferrell and Wahlberg’s ad-libbing yielded an increasingly bizarre (and hilarious) monologue about a lion fighting a tuna. “That was so pleasing, because it was a long run, and it just kept working,” Ferrell says. “A lot of comedy directors would have cut it after the first or second laugh. I think that’s one of the things people love — or hate — about our movies: We’ll stick with something for a really long time until it either becomes a source of enjoyment or torture.”

SOURCE: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/01/this-weeks-issue-will-ferrell-mark-wahlberg/

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Mark Wahlberg Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: