Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
The Big Hit
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
haelie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 1999 2:26 am    Post subject: The Big Hit Reply with quote

Well.....what did each and every individual think of the movie, starring our very own Mark Wahlberg, Lou Diamond Phillips, and the others...??
I enjoyed the movie, no end. I feel in this movie, Mark was better, than in his role in Boogie nights...

Anyway, let me know what you thought about it!
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 1999 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I loved the Big Hit! Its my fave movie so far. I've seen it soo many time and i still feel like I can watch it even more. I think Mark did a great job in it even though the reviews said it wasnt really his best work. Well i would like to hear what everyone else thinks to so post and tell!

------------------
*Bye for now!*

<3 Kim

Kit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 1999 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved The Big Hit because it was so much fun! I know a lot of critics didn't like it, but what do they know! LOL.

Of course you don't take what they do seriously and enjoy the movie for sheer entertainment. I know a lot of critics criticized the violence in it, but the violent style is so Hong Kong movie-like that I'm quite use to it! A lot of the moves you see in the movie are from Hong Kong action films (esp. since the director is Chinese), so it was fun to watch when those "moves" show up.

I love Melvin Smiley; he's a really sweet guy. In his professional life, he's just that - professional. But in his personal life, he's so insecure. I particularly love the scenes when Melvin was running in and out of the house (carrying China around, grabbing the garbage bags from the dog, etc.)!

Next to the Three Kings, The Big Hit is my favourite movie.
QTPIE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 1999 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely luv that movie! My favorite tied with Three Kings and The Corrupter. I've got this thing for contract killer with a heart of gold! It was a little weird with the firebird tho. it ran into the jag and the panel totally smushed but 5mins lata it was fine w/ minimal damage. And i was wondering, but what's with that Maalox thing?

------------------
Luv,
Isabella :)

haelie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 1999 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your posts!
We all now the Big Hit was a sensation, Melvin Smiley played a contract killer, but in reality, he was afraid of his two loves not liking him.
He acts the innocent and Insecure. I would just like to add to your posts that his acting in The Big Hit was better than that of Basketball Diaries, but around the same as Fear.
billy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 1999 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked the big hit. in almost ever movie he's a sensitive guy, i like his movies. i saw fear for the first time about 6 months ago. creeped me out, he's good. i think i started really liking his acting when i first saw the big hit. there was another one i can't think of though . oh well. this is weird. i've never really been an obsessive movie star person, although i liked brad pitt....... oncce long ago. and i used to be a real movie buff. but now i live in enderby where all there is is a drive in and it's closed for the winter. so, ... oh yeah i did see three kings a couple weeks ago. it was good. i must say the guys loved it. i'm not really into the war. i used to love reading about it and stuff. but watching people get killed is not for me. the cow part almost made me puke. almost.... but i liked it and i guess i can handle those movies cause thats what my friends watch. hey i saw private ryan, so i'm not that much of a wuss when it comes to gore am i? well i should go. how old is mark by the way?

------------------
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 1999 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark is 28 years, 5 months and 2 days old....lol
StacyLovesMark!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2000 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Big Hit was like one of the best movies of all time. It totally rocked. Mark Wahlberg is the hottest guy ever I swear. I loved the movies rare sense of humor. I watch it once a week.

------------------
Stacy K. ORECK!
Annie M

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2000 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO QTPIE--
The reason "Melvin" had to swig so much Maalox, was because his stomach kept bothering him. He was worrying a lot about keeping everybody happy--his coworkers, his fiancee, her family, his girlfriend (the black chick), and so on. The worry gave him a tummy ache, so he would swig that stuff (yuk!) all the time. But when the kidnapped girl finally made him see that he should stop cowtowing to everybody and just stand up for himself, then he didn't need it anymore. Also, as for his violent job, like he said, most of the hits were on bad people anyway. I would have traded places with that kidnap-girl in a split second!! LOL!

------------------
Annie M
Mands

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2000 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Big Hit was the first Mark film that I saw and since then he's been my absolute favourite. Dragged a friend to see Three Kings and converted her to loving him as well! Another mind educated LOL!
Clare

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Big Hit" was a movie I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish mainly because it was so much FUN to watch! Mark's character was so endearing even though he was a bad ass hit man...who else could pull this off? Tough and sweet all at the same time. Once again, Mark Wahlberg does!
backstreets_number1_chick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2000 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved The Big Hit!! I own the movie!! I've seen is dozens and dozens of times! He is such a sweetie in this movie!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
~!~KatieBean~!~
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2000 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, "The Big Hit" WAS a "big hit", so the name fit in more ways than one! lol!

------------------
Annie M
Cathy Y

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2000 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw "The Big Hit" and I'm sorry, folks, but personally I thought it was mostly a waste of Mark's wonderful talent. Sure it had its entertaining and amusing moments, and sure Mark was very sweet and fun to watch ... he does such great things with his facial expressions, but IMO he didn't get too many opportunities to display that in this movie. I think he was trying to do the best he could with a basically preposterous and one-dimensional role based on a one-joke concept -- the hit man who's a sensitive guy in his personal life.

Maybe I would have liked the movie better if I hadn't seen it just a week after "Boogie Nights" where Mark shows such an infinitely superior range of emotion and psychological complexity (and I think looks much sexier too, by the way!). Though on the other hand, if I hadn't seen "Boogie Nights," I probably wouldn't even have tuned in to "The Big Hit."

Don't take offense. Even the best actors can't always be at their best. I'm looking forward to seeing Mark in a REAL role, like the one in "The Three Kings" ... hoping to rent the video in the next couple of days.

DKAUR

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2000 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I love to watch mark, but i don't understand how you go from Boogie Nights to the Big Hit - Davinda.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Big Hit All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: