Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
No offence, I love Mark but..........
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKAUR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2000 6:22 pm    Post subject: No offence, I love Mark but.......... Reply with quote

Guys, I live in London and only now has the Big Hit out to rent........I saw it and I didn't like it..........maybe I just didn't get the humour. I think Mark can do better than that movie.....please don't get ****** off with me cos I'm only airing my opinion, I love all his other movies though!
Mariah4080

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2000 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, everone's entitled to their own opinions, so there's no reason that anyone should be mad at you for voicing yours. I happened to like "The Big Hit", but that's my choice, right?

------------------
Keep Wahlberg Pride Alive!

Mariah4080

NICCAZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2000 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey we are all open to our own opinions. I personally didnt like Renissance Man as much as the others. Its not like I can watch it over and over unlike the Big Hit!!
Annie M

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2000 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone probably has their own fave or one they don't care for. I will always like "Fear" most, because it was how I "discovered" Mark to begin with. I like his performances in all the ones I've seen, which means 7 of them (counting 3K). I cannot say all the movies are "best picture" material, but I don't care either! It's a joy to watch him work, and I'm looking forward to 2 more vids (on order), and 3 in the theater this year. I admire the fact that he keeps trying different roles. I am convinced that one of these days he will choose THE role which catapults him into superstar status in the movies.
As for opposing viewpoints, that's fine, as long as we can "agree to disagree" when it comes to that.

------------------
Annie M
DKAUR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2000 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of what I thought about the Big Hit.....I've heard the Perfect Storm is going to be out of this world, with outrageous effects, I'm looking forward to seeing it, you guys are right though, It's a joy to see mark on screen (as fine as he is), thats what made me stick to watching the Big Hit all the way through.

On a totally different note.....what the **** was Mariah Carey wearing at the American Music Awards!!!!!!!!!!
Annie M

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2000 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh rats; I missed it. I only saw the last third of the show anyway. There were a couple other ladies who had barely-there dresses on. What did Mariah's look like?
I am assuming Mark was not there, or laid low. I figured he might go, to support his friends.

------------------
Annie M
Maggie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what makes me angry? When the press crucifies celebrities like Mariah for being "chunky." Yikes, the actresses these days are getting out of hand. They really are scary looking! What is sexy about a 90 pound 30 year old with a big head and a little body? Really people! By the way, I think Mark would agree with me on this one.
Annie M

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right. According to quotes from him I have read, he likes a woman with a "big ass" (his word). He said he likes something he can hold onto! That doesn't surprise me--I mean look at the size of his hands! Incidentally, I don't know if this is weird, but I really love Mark's hands. They are so sexy to me! Not to mention the rest of him...But I'm sure that when he holds you, YOU KNOW IT! I'll bet he has a firm handshake too, and a firm grip...on everything... !!

------------------
Annie M
Yulinka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2000 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with DKAUR (hope i got it right). The only reason I stayed and didnt leave the theatre was because of Mark! But my fav movie is also FEAR, and I cant wait for The Perfect Storm and The Yards to be released. Mark is such a sexy human-(his hands, lips, eyes, voice ,ETC......) See ya guys later.
Annie M

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2000 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that I have seen 9 of his films, (and own 8!), I can truthfully say, I love ALL of his performances. I can't watch every film over and over either, and I do have my faves--and ones that stick in my mind a lot. I think regardless of the calibur of the film itself, that Mark has the ability to make all of his characters memorable, even if the part is a small one.
When he was rapping, he put his whole heart and soul into it, and now in movies, he still does. You can really FEEL the emotions he give off in every role!! He is so real, he just jumps off the screen!! I'll remember him long after I have forgotten many others. I know I will be first in line when 3K hits the vid stores, and for the other releases this year!! Directors should line up for Mark's talent!
(Nothing like being "totally objective" here!) LOL!

------------------
Annie M
Mark6571

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2000 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annie,

I am not the Mark addict like you but I do agree with what you say about him 100%. As far as him liking big butts, man I guess that is something that I don't have to ever worry about him not liking in me IF GOD gave me THE CHANCE!!! LOL

------------------
There is more to Mark then just his body and good looks.

Annie M

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2000 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well, I've got a butt you could park Detroit on, so...!

------------------
Annie M
LaurenR

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the big hit, I thought it was soo funny and also a good opportunity to drool over mark (how sad and pathetic that sounds!lol) oh, and about this whole "big ass" thing, it's cool that he sez that coz 99.9% of clebrities are so thin or obsessed with thinness they're making people who really aren't fat feel paranoid! Trust us to find yet another thing we like about Mark!lol
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of thin obsessions...
This is really OT, but I can't help wondering what it is all these guys see in Calista Flockhart!! I'm sorry, but the woman is a walking hat rack!! I don't think she is all that pretty even! She looks like an ad for annorexia disorder to me. And yet, some guys seem to find her dazzling!
Go figure! (I sure can't!)

------------------
Annie M

[This message has been edited by Annie M (edited 27 May 2000).]
Stine

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melvin in The Big Hit, is my favorite Mark-character to date. At first he's so tough, cool and sexy, but still he's insecure and affraid of losing his **** girlfriends. Plus in The Bit Hit you really get to hear the voice we all love SO much. My favorite Mark-movie is Three Kings, but Mark is way cuter as Melvin I think..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Big Hit All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: