Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Tell me about it!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Callie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 11:17 pm    Post subject: Tell me about it!!! Reply with quote

Okay, the movie is rated R in my theatre and I am not 18 years old but I am dying to find out what happens in the film. I cannot wait till it comes out on video, so can anyone tell me about the best Mark-related parts from it?!
QTPIE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you poor thing! I feel so sorry for you. I'm 13 and I barley got in but b/c my sister bought the tickets I got in. I don't really know what to tell you, but It was good and Mark has a kid and he's really sensitive to this guy who tortures him cause the guys got a kid too. The most memorable part was the torture b/c They made mark drink oil and they also electrecuted him, not to mention they beated him. It was so sad. I don't really know how to explain more, but really you snould jsut go with an older friend or your parents b/c it really isn't that bad. I'd tell you the end, but I don't want to spoil it for you just in case, but if you don't get in I'll check back and see what I can do. Good luck!

------------------
Luv,
Isabella :)

Callie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 1999 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, you are so nice!!! I only saw the opening 15 minutes of the film, until I saw some people walking around telling kids who snuck in to leave, me and my friend were so disappointed!!! I just need to know why is it rated R??? Are there any nude scenes or something??? I don't get it. I mean, I saw Saving Private Ryan and that was pretty gruesome, too.
LynneInMass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 1999 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Callie,

No nude scenes, oh wait, I think there may have been one in the beginning between George Clooney & a girl. It was mostly violence & language in my recollection.

Lynne =)
QTPIE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 1999 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There weren't any nude scenes, but there was a bare butt and a little sex scene.

------------------
Luv,
Isabella :)

Callie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kindness, Vanessa!

I still haven't seen it so I guess I have to wait till it comes out on video, ugh! It's okay, I'm fine with it...(sob)..
daisy79_11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 1999 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe this movie is rated "R"! Unbelievable. If anything, it teaches about the war and about people helping each other and putting their lives on the line. Not to mention how Troy just can't get his wife and baby, who he loves more than anything, out of his mind.

I think the most graphic part that I had to turn away was when they had to puncture his lung and of course the part where they have him tied up. (I won't say who HE is for those who haven't seen the movie)
Caaarolyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2000 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone I havent seen 3 Kings yet, I'm waitin for it to rent, but i absolutly HATE gore! So for you guys that have seen it, is there a lot of gory parts and what are they? thanks!

------------------
~*Car*~
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2000 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only REALLY gory part,IMO, is when they describe (and show) what it looks like when a bullet goes inside you. Then they show it again when Troy gets hurt. Yuk! That may be why the R, or maybe it's the tiny sex scene between George and that reporter. (I agree that Saving Pvt. Ryan was MUCH more violent and gory.) There is a scene where someone gets shot kind of abruptly, (I won't say who), but I've seen way worse!
Also, Troy's torture scenes are somewhat disturbing. But what really got ME, was the scene where he couldn't breathe! I wanted to jump in the film and beat the **** out of that MP!! Oh yeah, and there's a scene where I think a cow gets blown up. yuk!
Oh well; like they say, WAR IS **** , and we all need to be reminded of this fact, so maybe there won't be so many of them in the future!
This is one of Mark's best performances, btw. He just gets better and better!!

(Also, I know how y'all feel; I am still waiting to get copies of B-ball Diaries and Corruptor!) Wah!

------------------
Annie M
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2000 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I did not think H--L was such a bad word. This aint "The Music Man" ya know!
Thx. for the link, Mark's Sweetie!

------------------
Annie M
Glancy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2000 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I put that too. You know what else they think is a bad word? D**N and C**P. Ha, ha, ha. Oh and I'm under 18. So I snuck in and everytime the door at the theatre opened during the movie I thought I'd get caught. I would do more illegal things for Mark! He is so worth it.
Jasmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2000 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you got to see it, look at Callie, she's still waiting for the video.
Annie M

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2000 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glancy,
I understand, believe me! I love him too, but also... in college I was a maniac about Elton John and at 3 different times, I STOLE magazines with articles about him in them! I never got caught either. I know it was wrong, but it wasn't like anybody else really would miss them. Well, 2 of them, anyway. :O Thank God for websites, so I don't have to do that with Mark!!

------------------
Annie M
Jasmin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2000 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently, I just stole pictures of Mark from some old magazines I found at the library. Amen, to the websites. Hope they'll never dissapeare! Need ink to print!
Annie M

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2000 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that! My printer takes 2 cartridges, and they cost $30 each!! OUCH!
Sometimes when I run out, it is months before I can buy more. Very annoying!!

------------------
Annie M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Three Kings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: