Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
3 Kings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LynneInMass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 1999 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the post, REVIEWS ANYONE & you'll see what most of us thought.

Lynne =)
womw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 1999 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that "Three Kings" brings a whole new perspective to the Gulf War that many americans never thought about. I think the scene where Mark's character is being interrogated by the Iraqi is touching, where he realizes that these people have families too, and what he would feel if the same thing happened to him. Kinda makes you think again before voicing an opinion about a war. at least it made me think. And will continue do to so.
daisy79_11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 1999 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cried when I saw that part, the Iraqi interrogating him. I lost it when he said "How would you feel if I bombed your little girl?" The look on Mark's face just killed me.
MJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the movies so moving. I cried everytime I saw it. The second time was a little easier since I knew Mark's destiny but the first time I was alone and just an emotional wreck.

The movie really hit home for me the second time I saw it. My brother in law went over to Kosavo in mid October and I worry about him. He is so much like Mark's character Troy Barlow. He is sergent in the army and has a 2 year old son & wife waiting back home for him. I can't wait for him to come home late this year.

MJ
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2000 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there was a lot to that war that we never saw on TV. I watched a lot of it the first week, but when they showed the POWs, I couldn't take it. It seemed though, that mostly the press was homed in on all the smart-bomb destruction. It made the whole thing seem so antiseptic somehow. But "Three Kings" reminds us that it wasn't.
Also, the part where the Iraqi whose wife was shot--where he complained because the war came along and all his business was bombed flat, reminded me that the real casualties are the civilians. You always think about the soldiers fighting, but not much about the civilians.
Of course, I did get caught up in the soldiers' fates, too. The way Troy sort of looked after that southern kid was moving to me, and when he died, Troy's reaction was a real heart-grabber! Mark made it seem SO REAL, and I just wanted to jump in there and comfort him!! I also admired the fact that the soldiers put the welfare of the refugees above their own concerns in the end. It showed that being humanitarian is more important than winning or being rich. You could see that the soldiers had learned something they did not really acknowledge before. I only saw it twice, but I plan to buy it a.s.a.p.!!!

------------------
Annie M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Three Kings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: