Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Why does Mark seem to be so appealing to watch...?!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SusieQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2000 12:30 am    Post subject: Why does Mark seem to be so appealing to watch...?! Reply with quote

I dont know about you, but i love his films!! What would you figure about his features or even his attitude that makes him so special on film and i'm sure off film??
Annie M

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2000 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, his Sweetness. Even when he is being "the bad guy", so far, there is still some sweetness to him. Also, I think he is kind of ornery, or "onry" as we say around here in Okie-land. He seems to possess a mischievious (sp?) quality, like he's just looking for something to get into. This just tickles me, no end!! And, he has both a "little boy" demeanor, yet also is very manly!! I have seldom seen someone who can be SO cute and downright handsome at once!!
(those pix of him with Kate Moss are breath-taking!) Anyway, just my opinion, but the man does it for me!!

------------------
Annie M
MJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me Mark's range as a performer just blows me away. He is so talented, your really begin to care about all of his characters. Kind of like Annie wrote - even when he's the bad guy like in FEAR, you just begin to care about him.

Mary Jane
Jasmin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2000 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way he just seems to look at you really blows me away. My heart starts to beat faster... I think I feel some mystical connection.
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2000 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mark has an uncanny ability of making you believe not only that he IS the character, but that it's really happening!
In "The Big Hit', when he and the kidnapped girl were sitting on the stairs talking, I almost felt as if I could have been sitting there having that conversation with him. Maybe it's because...or is it my imagination?...that he puts out a special vibe towards women when he talks to them?
Not the same way with guys at all! I have not seen him much in real life, to compare it with acting, but there is "something extra" present in his attitude when he's speaking with or looking at, a woman, I think. More than just flirting, even. Maybe it's carisma? It's like he's more focussed or something...I have noticed this, no matter what his relationship is to a woman. It's sort of mezmerizing to watch, so I can imagine how it would feel to actually talk to him! Yeah, I think "mystical" might be a good word.

------------------
Annie M
Jasmin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annie, you're right. There's really something about him. I'll be a fan forever. Anyway, why is it that whenever I check the messages, yours are always the latest? You're such an updated fan. Bye 4 now.
Annie M

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partly, because y'all are the only people I have to talk to about this!! No-one I know in "real life" gives a rip. I mean, I have 2 friends who are, shall be say, "understanding", but they aren't fans.
Some of y'all probably wonder if I have a life! lol! Well, I do, but Mark is real important to me, and this is fun, so...
BTW, just so you'll know how obsessed I REALLY AM, I just joined about 16 Mark clubs on yahoo!! I have not done anything in them yet, but I'll get around to it. There was one I joined, which is actually for Mark's brother, Robert. I did this out of curiosity. I want to see a picture of him.
Well, I know all of Mark's brothers' names now, except one. There's Jim, Paul, Robert, Donnie, and ??? and Mark. Besides Tracey, I forget the other 2 sisters'. If you want more info. on Mark, go to my topic, "links to Mark". There are about 30 links in it.
See ya!

------------------
Annie M
Jasmin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2000 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. People in real life with me don't seem to care. They all think I'm crazy for wasting my time. But who cares! Check out the NKOTB book "Our Story" and there's a story of Donnie and his family. There are some old picture of all them too.
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2000 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah some of my friends think I'm kinda crazy to like a person so much that I probably won't ever meet~but my best friend doesnt care at all and she lets me tell her all about him cuz she's a like him too! I made her watch all his movies and look at all the pics I have of him and she said thats what made her be a fan. She's actually even a member of this website! she hasnt posted anything yet but I'll make her eventually!

------------------
~*Bye for now!*~

<3 Kim

Annie M

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2000 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Tigerlily"/Kim--
I had to laugh when I read your post about you and your best friend! I'll bet y'all have some good talks--not to mention droolfests--on Marky!! How great for you both!! The only person in real life I can talk to about this at all is my pal Traci in Attleboro, MA. We don't have unlimited phone time, even at the cheapo rates I have, so it isn't often I get to go on about him. I guess that is why I have posted so much in here. I envy all of you out there who have a real-in-person friend you can share your Mark experiences with!
Anyway, I appreciate y'all letting me blab on about him. xxxooo

------------------
Annie M
MJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I'm fortunate most of my friends are fans as well. Actually I have gotten quiet a few co-workers posting his picture at their desk.

I think I started a trend at work -- I will have to say though my hubby thinks I'm crazy. But I just keep mind how crazy he is over STAR WARS.

MJ
skyvam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2000 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi y'all! I guess this is as good a place as any to uh...brag!! lol!
I have been frequenting eBay for the past month or so, and have won about a dozen Marky Mark items!! Some of them have begun arriving by mail finally, and I am rolling in Marky Mark (I WISH) ...I'm in heaven!!!
I'm sitting here, listening to my RARE cd copy of some his Singles!! (My FAVORITE song is on this, which is FEEL THE VIBE!!) I've wanted these ever since I heard the audio clips on this site, back when we had 'em. (I'm listening to NO MERCY right now!)
It was recorded for the movie OUT OF MY FEET, which, to my knowledge, was eventually put on hold, due to lack of funding. Anyway, in the last week, I have gotten my Mark copies of PENTHOUSE and MOVIELINE mags; extra cd's of the albums (I wanted back-ups); the VHS of "Music for the People", which is AWESOME-RAD-DOPE-FLY-&-REMARKABLE!!
And, a second rare photo book by Randi Reisfeld (I got the Lynn Goldsmith one not too long ago, too!); OMG!!! FEEL THE VIBE is playing!! Excuse me--I GOTTA DANCE!!!
... the workout tape I got too; And, I'm currently expecting the VHS of the TeenVid mag, and some pix of Mark in concert and at his parents' house!! YEAH BABY!! "Feel the Vibe, y'all...Let the vibe take you high up in the sky y'all...everything's gonna be all right...!!!" I am one happy girl today!!!
Only thing to make me happier is if I was spending this evening with a certain New England Cutie!! Hoo-ah!! Well, if you want this stuff, just hit eBay and Yahoo, and be focussed on what you want there, and you can get it!!! (You also have to be a little bit greedy!!) I'm also currently trying to win another vid, which I will talk about later, if I'm fortunate enuff to get it... Y'all be good now, and party on homies!!! LOL!!
Annie M.
skyvam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2000 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...correction!...that was supposed to be OUT ON MY FEET...
See, this is what happens when I get too, uh...Markyfied!! LOL!! Peace!

------------------
annie
SusieQ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2000 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHH....you guys are so right!! I love Mark and always will!! I sware i watch Renaissance Man over and over again...just to hear him singing "Achy Breaky heart" in the shower!! But us girls...we all know he can sing better then that!! He's great!
Yulinka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2000 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are absolutly right on about Mark and his acting ability. You feel as though he is talking to you, and his eyes are so expressive. My boyfriend and ALL of my friends think that Im nuts, but I dont care cause i will think Mark is amazing FOREVER-- even when he's old, bald, and you get my point. Its so nice to have a place to really talk about him freely and express my feelings towards that man-- SUPER DUPER MARK!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Three Kings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: