Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
I met Mark at Camerons in Gloucester

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shokwave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2000 10:42 pm    Post subject: I met Mark at Camerons in Gloucester Reply with quote

A few times too I met Mark , or shall I say I ignored him and made him feel like someone normal which he probably is if has seen through the starmaker machinery . Why did I do this ? Because this guy or any other star would end up with a mob scene all wanting autographs and maybe he came to Cameron's not only to do some studying on one of the Shatford brothers to an idea of who they are but maybe to relax . I played my 6 string Bass the best I could currently (because I was jut shedding to be ready for my next big band ) . If I had the chance I would have told him to watch Rusty because I knowhe was more like Bobby for the part . Me being on the stage at 7 years of age with the GHS thespians because my sister codirected it taught me a bit about acting . Was that a form of Method acting Mark? I have been playing for 27 years and Im only known in Gloucester for my High school years as a musician I had to try to make it in a sea of a zillion Boston musicians climbing and clawing their way through the obscurity and the bleak fact that 90% fail . I didn't fail , I just never gave up . Now I am still obscure(and underpaid) but I still play my bass like I still have a chance.I think Im ready to trade some privacy for money LOL .Keep up the good work Mark

Greg Maliski

------------------
Shok
natalie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's awesome that you've seen Mark.
Shokwave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah , he is tiny compared to the real Bobby Shatford but I bet he did a great job to the best of his ability . I had issues with all the others at the club kissing his ass like starf***ers but I know he see through it and he had a job to do . I wouldn't let my best friends sleep at the Crows Nest to see Gloucesters best but he wanted to wear those shoes . Its Method Acting used by all the greats . I lived 2 blocks from the Crows Nest on 298 Main St.in my teen years . I am having trouble trying to make myself walk into that theater , I had a school friend die in that movie David Sullivan . I saw his namein the paper when it happened but I was preoccupied with my newlywedded wife about economics and homelessness due to joblessness . Then I saw his face on the Discovery Channel special and my mouth dropped , that was someone I knew like the back of my hand for 12 grades . I briefly met Bobby and he claimed he has seen my bands with Archie Muise one night that summer of 1991 at the Outrigger with a failed band I played with called the Killer Squids . All bands I put together in gloucester failed because the weed is more important there to the bandmembers .I tried to set the example by not doing it but it still fails because they like it too much. Great musicians but lack of doing what it takes and being able to remember the material holds them . I know because that was my downfall there too LOL. Enough of that , back to Mark. What I mean to say is he like any human loves the loveyou all give him but if you see him in a place that he is not announced , treat him right and keep yourself from freaking on himand let him know how much you appreciate him by treating him like a human . Even if it means you haveto pretend he is not there. Say helloif you have to and if he feels like being bothered he might respond to that hello . Stars are human too . I once had that kind of power in my highschool and it is scary for one to be treated like the reputation you created , especially if that is not true to your real self . Kids took my crazyman stage act litterally and it changed and harmed my life in school . Its just acting .Its a job .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: