Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
This movie was so sad!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarksNCgirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 10:22 pm    Post subject: This movie was so sad! Reply with quote

This movie really touched me. I think is truly tagric that happened to those men. Though sad, it was a great movie and Mark as usual was great in it. I look at the Coast Guard, rescue teams, fisher men and the ocean in a whole new light.
MaRkYmArKLoVeRDA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, this was a really touching movie it was sad because you realize this actually happend. I cried at the end. All the actors really did a great job acting out their characters.
loving mark always,
diana
JDS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The fact that i went to see the movie just b/c Mark was in it, but when i came out,i was so heartbroken by what happened to those men. Each actor and actress protrayed a great role. I have never cried so much at one movie.
~SnL~

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2000 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU GUYS THIS MOVIE WAS GREAT AND NOT JUST BECAUSE MARK WAS IN IT, DONT GET ME WRONG HE WAS FANTASCTIC AS USUALL, BUT IT WAS A GREAT FILM ALL TOGETHER, AND IT WAS ALSO SAD, I HAD TO FIGHT BACK THE TEARS AT THE END WHEN MARK WAS IN THE OCEAN AND HES TELLING HIS GIRLFRIEND HOW MUCH HE LOVES HER AND HOW HES BAD WITH GOODBYES,
Gymgirl1210

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2000 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, me too. As soon as he said that part about not being good with goodbyes, I was doing all I could to keep from crying. I had known a little about the whole thing, and I knew some died, but I didn't know ALL of the crew died. That just made it even sadder

[This message has been edited by Gymgirl1210 (edited 09 July 2000).]
Annie M

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2000 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite part is also one of the saddest, and the part where I cried, and that was after the boat went over, and you see Bobby in the water, and he's thinking those beautiful thoughts to Christina...
And then later, when she tells his Mom about hearing him tell her those words in her dream. I loved all of that, because it put some gentleness into an otherwise heart-rending situation. A friend of mine from Massechusetts thought they should have left that out, but I don't think so.
My heart aches for Christina cotter and all those women who wait for their men to come home from the sea.
I know I'll never look at seafood so casually again, and that my respect for the people who risk their lives to fish are as brave as any fireman, policeman or rescue worker around.

------------------
Annie M
kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie was great and acted very well. The special effects were the greatest because I really felt like I was watching a true hurricane. However it had me and still has me completely overwhelmed with the thought that this really happened to those men and that we never realize how fickle and volatile mother nature can be and that we really are at her mercy at times. I saw the film two days ago and I am still in shock. I cried at the end. What a terrible shock and tragedy and it goes to show how it takes films such as this to make people learn about and remember such tragedies. Mark was great!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: