Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
PERFEECT STORM ***IMPORTANT TOPIC***
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liana712

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Idea! I am interested.....but I am at work right now....am leaving my e-mail
LianaSpencer@hotmail.com

Please send info..

Thanks! Liana712
tweety23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am right there with you. That mind of yours is always going. Write ya later.

Alisa
SuzieQ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea AnneEM73... I am definitely interested but I am also at work right now so if you could e-mail me some info, I would love to help out. Suzclatt@hotmail.com. I have been reading your posts since I have become a member and you seem to be a very caring person. It is nice to know that there are still some honest people out there.

Suzanne
Dusty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested too! Could you sedn me the info? dustymacfarlane@hotmail.com
michelejc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea!! I will definetly help out any way I can. I also was kind of bothered by the negative opinion that was posted about the movie. It is hard for me to see anything cheesy about a story that was completely based on truth and one that hits really close to home. I realize everyone has their own opinions, but this bothered me. Again, I will defintely help out, i'll e-mail you for more info. Or send me any plan you may have come up with. michelejc@rcn.com
AmyF

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested too. Anne can you please send me the mailing instructions to: paul@francisp.freeserve.co.uk? However until I find myself a summer job I will not be able to send much but I will give what I can.

Its a really nice idea Anne, and let us all know when Christina Cotter gets back to you.

Take Care
Amy

[This message has been edited by AmyF (edited 01 August 2000).]
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi anne, this is such a great idea! i really want to participate. i'll e-mail you with the details...
loviatt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is such a good thing to do for people!! i will do it!
TiffyTiff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! This is so perfect. My Aunt is opeaning up a coffee shop. dessert Cafe on Friday called cafe of Dreams, and its a very inspirational place. Well, every month were going to have a Charity of the month this month its the Lance armstrong fonduation,and theres a little framed thing about him and the foundation and everytime you purcase a heat shapped cookie the profits go to the lance armstrong fondation soo. . . .next month it would be great if this could be the charity!!!!!!!!!Im sure we'll make money for this great cause! PLease check out the Web site at cafeofdreams.com and we opean on friday, you can get all the info at the website! Thanks Email me at AJTIFF@aol.com. Thanks!!!

------------------
*Tiffany*
Katie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2000 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea!!
I'm in!
I'll ask you about it in my next e-mail to you!
Luv KT

------------------
*I LOVE MARK WAHLBERG!*

Susan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2000 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that it was based on a true story is what struck me the wrong way. I just felt like they were being disrespectful to the memories of those involved by turning there story into a cheesy Hollywood Blockbuster. You can't just say "it has to be good because it was based on a true story." There are plenty of ****py movies out there that were based on a true story. As interesting as the true story was, the filmmakers just didn't do it correctly. Cheesy dialoque and special effects don't make a good story. By the way, when I say cheesy dialogue I don't mean that having emotional scenes in movies makes a movie cheesy. I love it when a movie can do emotional scenes correctly. So I'm not criticizing the fact that they had emotional scenes. I'm criticizing the fact that those emotional scenes were poorly written, and poorly acted. They were really bad!!! Now, what boggles my mind is how Wolf G. Peterson could have had anything to do with this piece of garbage. I saw Das Boot for the first time a few days after I saw The Perfect Storm, and I'm amazed that the same filmmaker could be involved. But, I have seen great filmmakers do stupid movies before, so I guess he's not perfect. I just can't close my mind and pretend to love this movie just because Mark and WGP had something to do with it, and just because it's based on a true story. It was a pure Hollywood Blockbuster, with absolutely no substance to it whatsoever. And, the fact that it made a lot of money does not in the least bit make it a great movie. If movies are judged on how much money they make, than Independence Day, Godzilla, and Batman and Robin are three of the greatest movies ever made. Now, I'm not criticizing you guys for your opinion. Everyone has a right to their opinion. I just don't like the idea that my opinion rubs some people the wrong way. That just doesn't sound very open minded to me. You guys can talk about how perfect you think The Perfect Storm is until the cows come home and it wouldn't bother me. So, why are other people rubbed the wrong way by my opinion?
LisaL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2000 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello girls,
i'm very excited that we r going to be helping the perfect storm foundation and i think it's cool that just us - a group or Mrak fans can make a difference! BUT - i'm not trying to continue on the critic thing but - my opinion is positive so i hope AnnEM dosen't mind I too could not quite believe what i heard people say about the perfect storm! I did not just like this movie so much becuase it starred Mark Wahlberg or that it had special effects or that it made a lot of money! It was great - the effects were brilliant as we all know but the emotional scenes were beautiful... maybe kinda cheesy but it really made u realise what a close relationship these people really had... maybe geaorge did have a bit too much of a hollywood face to be very believable as a grungy fisherman but he still did an excellent job as did all the cast! The acting was great and it is a true story and it did tell the story... of course they don't know exactly what happened cause no one survived to tell the actual story but they did give a depiction of what the news and everyone would assume is what must have happened! Mark would NEVER had took a role if he thought it was at all cheesy! He was even saying in a magizine that his main goal was for it not to be all cheesy like titanic which he said he didn't see all of but from what he did see he thought it was very cheesy! And Das Boot was an excellent film from wolfgang becuase he is an excellent director! TPS does show off his skills as did his other great movies! Some people may think the scene at the end was cheesy but i was crying so bad in the movie theatre(as was everyone around me) as i saw Mark drown and die and say his last words to the love of his life! Call it cheesy but it was based on an actual dream Christina had...
Anyway.. i truly had to get my opinion across, i'm sorry Anne if this was not the right place i just did not enoy the critism some people have givin it... of couse everyone is entitled to their on opinion and that's great but no one will ever change mine.. if anything the more i look into the story the more i'll love the movie!
So thanks for listening girls! LisaL

p.s. AnnEM please e-mail me with the details for the mailing info for the perfect stom fund! I don't have much but i'll give whatever i can scrounge up
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2000 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um i just have to correct you on one thing.

the perfect storm foundation isn't just for the families of Gloucester fishermen, it's for all families of commercial fisherman everywhere. me included hehe
ILOVEMark4eva

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea! Please email me and tell me how and when. virgochic_14@email.com thanks so much!!Please please do that. I really want to help!
V

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anne. What did Christina Cotter think of Mark's performance of her beloved?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: