Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Loved this part...but can't remember how it goes...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~StephMW~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 5:00 pm    Post subject: Loved this part...but can't remember how it goes... Reply with quote

Ok the part i really liked wasn't a big action scene but i loved the words. When George Cloony is talking to Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio and he says this really GREAT dialoge. It's mentioned twice in the beginning and end of the movie. It goes something like "...wave to the light keeper's son...somethin something" I really loved that part and I'm mad at myself cause i'm always telling my freinds about it but i don't even know how it goes. So I though maybe someone who has seen it a million times could help Anyway if you can even think of some of the dialoge it would help THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Steph
IloveMarkWahlberg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I can tell ya...well i gtg really quick but go to http:://www.perfectstorm.com then you go to the film and then to something else...download some movie trailers until u have the one with that saying in it....it even shows the part that was in the movie!11
IloveMarkWahlberg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fogs just lifting, throw off ur bowline, throw off ur stern, blow ur airhorn, throw a wave to the lighthouse keepers kid on desert island,guys are busy, ur in charge, u know what, ur a swordboat captian and u cant be good unless u love it...
it is movie trailer number 3...the full theatrical one, it is right at the beginning!
Marky4eva

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2000 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know the words he said to Christina,before he drowned?Coz it was those words that made me cry!
MARK FOREVER!!!!
Melissa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2000 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The words were something like "I love you now, I will always love you, there will never be hate, only love!!...I think those were the words...i know cu'z that's what made me cry too!! =0)
kt182

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a really bad memory but i think he said "no goodbyes, only love" at the end. i thought that speech was so sad, but it was the funeral that really made me cry.
Katie
loviatt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2000 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he siad something like"christine, con u hear me baby? cuz im talkin to you. i loved you the moment i saw you, i love you now, i love you forever, no goodbye only love" ooohhhhh i love that part soo much that is the exact moment i started crying every time i saw it (3 times) then when the funeral scene came on i started crying so hard that i just loked away and listened to the words...ou oh im gonna cry agian better stop talking bye!

------------------
Bling*Bling*
Ching$Ching$
Mark~Mark=
Perfection
ashleylovesmark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2000 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I think he said....Christina, baby, I don't know if you can hear me but I am talking to you , I love you, there is only love there is not goodbyes, only love...then I really cried when christina told his mom what she dreamt about which was that same exact thing....And this is a fact that I heard that I thought I could share, but in real life christina actually dreamt that he died and he talked to her as he was dieing
Love ya
ashley
I thought you would have some interest in that !!
MW4EVA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George clooney said,Fogs just lifting,throw off your bowline,off your stern. Blow your airhorn and throw a wave to the lighthouse keepers kid on Thatcher Island,Guys r busy,ur in charge,u know what your a goddame sword boat captin Linda,and u can't be good unless u love it. Mark said,Christina,can u hear me baby? Cuz I'm talking to you. I loved you the moment I saw you,I love you now,I love you forever,no goodbye only love.

Thats so sad. I'm about to cry.
Jill Koerber
marks_grl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geroge Clooney said: "Throw of your bow lines, throw off your stern, blow your air horn and wave at the keepers kid. Birds swarm, seagulls, pitchers, big dumb ducks. Guys are busy, your in charge. You know what? Your a damn swordboat captin. Is there anything better?"

Mark said: "Christina, baby, can u hear me? cuz im talking to you. I loved you the moment I saw you, I love you now, I'll love you forever. No goodbye, only love."

Watch the movie again, for more!
Alicia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the George C. speech, he also said something about a pond where he skated as a kid. Whatever, just thought I'd say it.
Markgirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the best part of the whole movie! I've seen this movie about five or ten times, and it always makes me cry. His voice, when he says his last speech, is SO sexy. I get the chills and just start wailing away! A few weeks ago I thought of that part, and started to cry. I'm cring now, as well.

I wonder how many takes it took for the director to be satisfied. I wonder if Mark choked up with the words in any of the outtakes. Diane Lanes dialogue, when she was talking with Mark's "mother" about her dream, made me cry too. I just did'nt want to see him die. George Clooney is good in the movie, as well.
Dori
Alicia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George's exact speech (not sure on the name of the island w/ the kid)

"Fog's just lifting. Throw off your bowline, throw off your stern. Head out the south channel, pass rocky neck, 10 pound island. Pass Niles pond, where I skated as a kid. Blow your air horn, and ya, throw a wave to the light-house keeper's kid on Desert Island. Then the birds show up. Black backs, herring gulls, big dumb ducks. Sun hits ya, head north, open up to twelve. Steamin' now. The guys are busy, you're in charge. Ya know what? You're a goddam swordboat captain. Is there anything better in the world?" Smile
markydirk88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guess what you know the part when george and mark are yelling at eachother in the boat well mark was sick that day and was throwing up all over george and was crying and everything isnt that sad?
Markgirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you read about some of the things that Mark went trhough during filming!? He got a really bad ear infection oneday, To resolve it, there were two options: 1) Operate, and close the set for two weeks, or, 2) Dig painfully deep in his ear with pliers and try to get the infection out. Mark took the second option. Brave, huh?

Dori
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Perfect Storm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: