Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
YIPEE!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
butterfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 5:09 pm    Post subject: YIPEE!! Reply with quote

okay, so I'm checkin out the boards and suddenly I have an overwhelming urge to nip out to the shop even though it's pouring down with rain,so I decide to go get a packet of cigs.
So I go to my local 'Spar' as it's only 10 yards from my house and I walk straight past the video shelf 'coz firstly i don't have my card and secondly there is no point checking for The Yards because the store only holds about 20 videos and everytime I look there's nothing anyway.
So I'm checking out the chocolate cakes and this guy bumps into me, as I turn around there on a golden shelf,in a halo of blue mist right in front of me is .....THE YARDS.
So I walk right up to it and tuck it under my coat, grap a chocolate cake and head straight for the counter pushing past everyone in front of me. I pull the shop assistant to the side and I tell her that I haven't got my card, I don't know my membership number, but I'm not leaving the shop without this video. So she spends about 10 mins trying to get my details on the computer, meanwhile there's this huge queue behind me and everyone is moaning because I'm holding them up.So I run home, stick the kettle on, close the curtains, turn up the volume,on goes the surround sound and lights off and I settle down with my choc cake.

I can't believe I actually got it, I thought I wouldn't get to see this film in the UK.

I noticed that it was produced by Channel4 which is like the best and brought some of the best UK actors to the screen such as Ewan Mcgregor, Robert Carlisle,Rhys Ifans to name but a few.So I am like totally amazed and thinking what the hell is Mark doing working for a UK company.

The film wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but what really bugged me was that Mark looks really depressed throughout the entire film...he doesn't smile once.

Now the problem is I have to return the video in the morning, but I don't want to maybe I could accidentally lose it or something!
aussiegirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hooray, you got to see it!! It finally came to Australia about a month ago. Brilliant film - Mark was excellent in it! Showed what a brilliant actor he is and wasnt about his looks....could I join you in a piece of chocolate cake....we have a local SPAR too! great for the midnight snack attack (chocolate of course)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Yards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: