Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Metal God will rock...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 1999 9:12 pm    Post subject: Metal God will rock... Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of Judas Priest, but I will admit that they know hot to play some of the heaviest metal you'll ever come in contact with. The film Metal God which George Clooney will produce and Mark will star in has been described as a dark comedic fantasy flick. I felt that Boogie Nights was also in that same vein. So that's all good. If you've ever had anything to do with Ripper (the character Mark will play), or if you've got an opinion, please post and let us know.

Thanks,
Mark
*marx girl*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2000 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT IS METAL GOD ABOUT? NOT THAT I CARE, JUST AS LONG AS MARK IS IN IT. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT'S ABOUT, WRITE BACK.

THANX!
Annie M

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2000 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In "Metal God", Mark plays one of the members of the heavy metal group Judas Preist. From what I've read, the guy was some sort of salesman and got into the band by becoming a substitute for the lead guitarist. Then later, he was made the permanent lead. It is based on a true story.

------------------
Annie M
Maggie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where will it be filmed?
Deege

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the movie is BASED around the guy from priest.......he was in a judas pro\iest cover band, and thwey were his heros and then he became thier replacement singer when rob halford left......but they arent using the name Judas priest or anything, they are fictional bands.........there are tons of famous metal musicians in the movie in the bands, and jennifer aniston is his girlfreind or wife........Zakk Wylde (ex ozzy osbourne guitarist) and Nick Catanese from black label society are in it as lead guitarists for the two bands.....on the soundtrack there will be two Black Label Society songs, ALL FOR YOU and STRONGER THAN DEATH.........they are an awesome band btw.......
Annie M

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been huge into heavy metal, but I'll see the film b/c of Mark W., and maybe even learn a few things...
Already I have a question which may seem ignorant...I've already asked an old metal head pal, and she is not familiar with this term, so I thought I'd throw it out here...
What does the term "power ballad" mean, and is it like a heavy metal love song?
Thanks.

------------------
Annie M
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2000 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read at upcomingmovies.com, Metal God was being pushed back to next year.

Annie M-
Yeah, a power ballad is a heavy metal love song. I guess the most recent one was Aerosmith's for Armeggedon (Sp?)
Lianne
Annie M

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lianne,
Gee, u r just full of good news, rn't u?
LOL
Thanks for the power ballad explanation.
OK, I saw "Armorghedden", so I know what kind of song it is then. Oh, I forgot about Aerosmith... I just don't think of them as heavy metal.

------------------
Annie M
Angelia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since I saw the movie Fear I can not get enough of Mark Wahlberg, would someone please let me know the 8 movies that are out on video?? PLEASE??? THANK YOU!!!
Clare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2000 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

I am looking foward with great anticipation to this movie. I am already wondering if this part was made for Mark W. meaning did casting have Mark in mind for this part from the start or did he audition? You know, even the biggest stars audition but I would bet that Mark is sought after at this point in his career. I believe he's that good. Anyway, as it gets closer we will be talking more and more about this movie.
Annie M

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2000 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied from Dark Horizons, under Monday, March 27, 2000--
Metal God: "I wanted to say that I worked on Metal God playing a roadie, look for me at the left corner behind Tim Olyphant. Anyway the flick is about Jesse"Ripper"Helms* who replaced Rob Halford in Judas Priest.The Shots you posted were at an oil refinery where Rippers band is doing a gig,this is when they are just starting out but the music rocked and Wahlberg does his own singing.The other thing is I talked to an assistant director about the film industry and upcoming projects,he said that Schumacher's camp has approached him with the idea of the Lost Girls but he seemed to think it would be either direct to video or made for cable.Make of it what you will."

*Why this person deliberately put Jesse Helms in where it should say Tim Owens, I'll never know. So for what it is, there ya go!

------------------
Annie M
gw20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hardly know who to reply to or what to reply....metal god will rock more than most people can imagine. it's kind of personal because i worked as an extra on the set for nearly two weeks, and i'm really anxious to see the final result. mark does a fantastic job, you can be sure of that.
madaboutmark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annie,
Like what was said earlier, a power ballad is just a rock love song. Some can be good and some can really be awful. Since it is Mark doing it, I pray it is wonderful........ LOL
Mark, as far as Judas Priest goes, they were a VERY heavy hetal rock band. I wasn't really into that type of music but did occassionally listen to it when I was in the mood to listen to loud rock. Some of those songs were alright. BUT it is going to be a BIG strecth from "The Funky Bunch". Knowing Mark's ability though, he not only will do it but quite well at that. I am looking forward to seeing the movie as well as his performance. (By the way, seeing his movies is nothing new to me. I've seen all of them several time.)
Jean-Anne

------------------
There is more to Mark then meets the eye!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: