Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Judas Priest to sue makers of Rock Star?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bi@n_ca*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:46 pm    Post subject: Judas Priest to sue makers of Rock Star? Reply with quote

I just read at a reliable Norwegian film site that guitarist Glenn Tipton from Judas Priest threatens with a lawsuit if 'Rock Star' doesn't portray the story of the band 'right'.
I think that's really f-ed up! I mean, the film is only BASED on their story, so would they want to do this? The site also said that they already removed all references to Judas Priest from the movie because the band demanded all creative control over the movie if their name or songs was to be used in it; sooo I'm wondering on what grounds they could possibly sue on! What are your thoughts on this?

PS. I'd post the link, but seing that most of you don't know norwegian I really didn't see any point.
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he could maybe sue for defamation or something in the contract that stipulates stuff. Hard to tell w/o the legal papers. But it's true they removed all the Judas Priest refernces except for the vague ones. The fact is the movie is based on the NY Times article about Judas Priest. So I guess he could sue for not giving his rights to it since it was based on a journalist's take of the band. I think WB is safe since they essentially gave up any JP references. People are always trying to sue people.

Funny how Mark is involved films that were threatened w/lawsuits (Basketball Diaries, The Perfect Storm and Rock Star)

Just wanted to add, I have a new article about the possiblities of lawsuits posted a few days ago. http://www.geocities.com/lmwong1977/marknews28.html#Judas
Lianne

[This message has been edited by Lianne (edited July 08, 2001).]
Stickboyz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should point out that if the story is about Judas Priest....

Then for those who dont know that the lead SINGER is GAY!!!

I wonder if the movie will show this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: