Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Is it just me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicanthria

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:24 am    Post subject: Is it just me? Reply with quote

Or did this movie hit home with anyone else?
I'm 28 years old and from the time I was 13 I decided I was going to be a rock star. I used to worship groups like Vixen, Phantom Blue and Lita Ford. It brought back a lot of memories for me. Now I look at my life and what I have become. I mean being a Network Admin. isn't that bad but DAMN I thought by the time I was 28 (back then) that I would be a rock star. Funny how interests change. Now, I couldn't imagine myself being one. >:[

By the way, I think Mark Wahlberg did a great job, I felt all of his anxiety and paranoia that Chris "Izzy" Cole had when he first started with Steel Dragon.
trystran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It hit home to me just because back when metal was huge it was my life. I know how it feels to be totally submersed in it. I couldn't imagine liking anything else. Yes, very interesting how things change.

I absolutely loved the movie. I thought he was excellent in it.
Terri Fentress

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even like heavy metal music but some of the songs were pretty cool. I really liked the movie alot. I saw on ET that it came in third this weekend at the box office. I hope more people go to see it. It is really good. I loved the way it ended especially hooking up with that band member that threw him out of the tribute band. I actually shed a few tears in the end. Did anyone else or am I just a sap?
Terri Fentress

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! I am sorry that I shared that tidbit about the end of the movie for those of you who haven't seen it yet. I didn't think. Please forgive me...but there is much more to the ending. I will stop now.
Barstoolpsychologist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't seem to get enough of this movie. I feel like a little kid who wants to go back on the rollercoaster after seeing it even after the second viewing. It is very ironic, but the dodge dart in the movie also did it for me. That was all my knockout long haired boyfriend drove back then...lol I think this movie well represented the metal scene. Seeing it flashed before my eyes made me very proud and grateful..."FINALLY" I thought to myself.(27/NJ)
twinkle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I love that "barstoolpsychologist" what a great name! When my friend broke her ankle she used to have to sit at the bar all night while we danced and she used to call herself that. We even bought her this little sign that daid "the doctor is in" boy, does that bring back memories. This movie brought back memories too and I can't get enough of it. I was always attracted to guys that looked like Chris unfortunately they weren't all as decent as him. My friend had a Dodge Dart but the floor was gone on the one side in the back so we called it the "Flinstone mobile" or the "Cadillac" it wasn't quite as cool as the one in Rockstar.
logic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Star is excellent and they cound't have
chosen a better man than mark for this role.
I just loved his sensitivity through the whole
movie. It also brought back memories from my wanna be rocker girl high school days. I was definitely like the role jennifer played. A girl who just wanted to love her boyfriend no
matter where his decisions take him. I also decided to go my own way and get out of the party scene,cause i just could'nt stand it anymore. My guy didn't change for the better so i lost him and chose a better path for myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: