Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
dancing to rock star

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samthedancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: dancing to rock star Reply with quote

I dont know why i am telling everyone this, but, I mixed 3 songs from rock star on my computor and I am using it for a solo dance that I am dancing for at a benifit performance to raise money for shcolarships. Let me just tell you that when I get on that stage it is the best feeling, hearing that music. I got a black shirt from hot topic with the KISS lighting bolt on front with the words I wanna rock. I ripped up some jeans and I was ready to go!! I used the audition song that he sang at beginning, then it goes into stand up and shot, then blends into the song he sang in seattle. It is the best!! I just love that movie and the soundtrack is awesome.
dancindiva

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds kewl. what kind of dance are you doing?
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that sounds awesome! It's great to see people really into soundtracks, especially one that was thought out by the people involved in the movie.

Too many soundtracks are just marketing items and have no sense of place for the movie. Anyway, it's great to hear members getting involved in helping their community with a little help from Mark [in a roundabout way!]
samthedancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The slower songs will be more exspressive to the words being sung, a slower jazz. The stand up and shout will be like a thrash jazz. So far so good. Tonight is opening night and I have gotten rave reviews.
samthedancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So our show is over. One of our cast members went out and bought the movie, another got the soundtrack, and every time I pass by a fellow co worker they sing stand up and shout. It was good!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: