Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Movie Mistakes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
*~mArKs AnGeL~*

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Movie Mistakes Reply with quote

At the beginning when Chris and his band go to the concert, they are in the front standing next to the stage. However, when the camera cuts to show the entire audience, different people are standing where Chris and his band were. From that view, Chris and his band are not even in the audience.

*When they're trying to give the impression that time is passing fast by showing dates while Wahlberg's character sings one of the dates says "November 31" THERE's NO such date. November has only 30 days.

*Another song that's out of place is AC/DC's "Are You Ready", which was released in 1990.

*Everytime they cut to a concert scene (even though they are different concerts over several years) it is always the same set as the first concert (the one with the staircase). They should've changed the set at least slightly.

*There are at least 2, (perhaps 3, or more) songs that are played "out of date":"Devil Inside" by Inxs (1987) "Let's Get Rocked" by Def Leppard (1992) "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi (1987) are played in the movie, before a scene dated 1985, where Jennifer Aniston's character breaks up with Mark Wahlberg.
4cSlater

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the director saying that he knew the songs where made in the wrong time but that he thought they fitted the films particular moment very well

That november mistake...when they filmed that it must have been a really bad day.
neowebb

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you noticed that in the fight scene, they don't really punch. I know that sounds a little funny and that it is only a movie, but it looks so fake. They should have made it more real. One of the band members goes to take a swing at the other fellow, but misses his head completely. It is funny, but I still love the movie
rockstarfan

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that they are supposed to hit each other in the fight scene. My husband and I said that each other the first time we saw it. That's what makes that scene so funny. They're fighting, but they don't want to mess the other guys "look" up. They don't actually want to get hit, so they aren't hitting. It's very funny. I love him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: