Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
"Rock Star" is an awesome film!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilmIsMyLife

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:23 am    Post subject: "Rock Star" is an awesome film!! Reply with quote

I just saw "Rock Star" for the first time about a week ago. This film is just awesome!! A side from the film just being over all excellent...I was absolutely surprised by the stand out performance of Mark Wahlberg. I think that this is his best performance that I have seen so far. I thought that he was excellent in "The Big Hit" and then even better in "The Yards" but he just blew me away in this film.
I am glad that Mark decided to change career paths and become an actor. It took him a while to get in a groove but now he just seems to be a natural. And for me that means that he can make me forget who he is and see only the character. I think that Mark just may blow me away again with "The Truth About Charlie" because that looks like another excellent film.
I don't know if anyone agrees but I think that Mark should have gotten some type of award for this film (or did he?). I am not sure because I did not really pay attention when this film was released because I did not think I would like it. Boy, was I way off!! I guess it is a good thing that there was nothing on TV the night the film premiered. Considering now I have seen it at least 5 times in 10 days...lol.
This is a long post for my first one to the board but I just wanted to say how excellent and beautiful I think this film is. This is one of those films that makes me proud to have chosen a career in production/development.
no fear 25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi filmismylife & welcome to the board my name is Diane everything you say is correct & i totally agree with you. About your other post about the end credits I found that brilliant i love watching those parts & seeing mark's face when they surprised him really great!! Bye for now Diane
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Mark never got any recognition on this film except from his fans. But we've always been a bit ahead of the film awards people.

While I thought it was a fabulous film, it certainly was not perfect in my opinion. I could tell it was edited to try for a PG or PG-13 film and it ended up a very soft R movie. The sex, drugs and Rock n Roll cliche is known by everyone & in this movie it was muted many of the drug aspects (the director talked about those scenes he cut in the DVD). It was a short movie as well. Maybe I'm just used to the long films (2+ hours) about music - Spinal Tap, Almost Famous, Velvet Goldmine, Hedwig & the Angry Inch, so it seemed rushed.

Mark and the cast did a good job (even if most of the wigs were god awful and unreal) bringing the attitude the hard rockers had in the 80s. I think Mark did a great job as the man who lived his dreams and found himself by stepping out of it. It just was the environment Herek/WB created that wasn't a match to his (and the rest of the cast's) fine performance.

Oh and welcome! Long posts are encouraged (as long as they're on topic), you'll find out I post huge ones all the time.

[This message has been edited by Lianne (edited August 19, 2002).]
KillDaFrog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right guys! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Rock Star All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: