Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
y'all dont know what youre talking about!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Basketball Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopPrincessAmber*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2000 1:26 pm    Post subject: y'all dont know what youre talking about! Reply with quote

Ok Basketball Diaries is a great movie let me just tell you that. In fact B.D. is my favorite movie and I almost have the thing memorized I love it so much. I dont know where you get off saying Mark has a small part in it. HE DOESNT! Yeah Leo may have the biggest part but Mark has a lead too. If you see the movie notice how Nuetron and Pedro leave the "group" before Mickey(Mark)does? Jim(Leo) and Mark and together for a while after everyone else goes. Mark is in the movie a lot and stays until almost the end but gets into trouble and goes to jail. As Mark says in the movie and Im saying it to you"Why you gotta be a shoe all the time? Your motha's a sneaka,your fatha's a loafa...someboday's gotta be the heel."Yeah he may be the "heel" but he's an important part and even though Leo's part is bigger,MARK STILL HAS A LEAD!

------------------
I love Mark Wahlberg and would love to work with him someday. If you want my atuograph just ask. Love Forever-Amber*
NICCAZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2000 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU DONT HAVE TO GET ALL ****ING UPTIGHT ABOUT IT WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OWN OPINIONS. SOME OF US MAY LIKE THE MOVIE AND SOME MIGHT NOT. JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE MOVIE DOESNT MEAN WE DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tigger00Mark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2000 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay-I admit I usually don't reply to these "hostile" posts but I couldn't help myself this time. Everyone on this board has a right to their own opinions and we should all respect that. If someone doesn't like one of Mark's movies as well as the others, they have a right to say that. I thought this was a good movie but I don't think it shows Mark's talent in the way that his other films have. I think it was his "getting started" film and he continues to get better and better. However, that is just my opinion, which I'm entitled to. So just chill out and let people express themselves. That's what this board is for. Let's keep it a happy place lol
Annie M

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2000 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with Tigger. But I also think Amber just over-reacted somewhat. When you are really "into someone" it can get like that, even if you don't mean it to be. It is easy to let your emotions get the better of you when you feel you are coming to Mark's defense.
It's true that we are all entitled to have our say, good or bad. (Hopefully good!) The trick is--AGREE TO DISAGREE WHEN NECESSARY, AND LET IT GO AT THAT. This alone will keep friendships together, and will help soothe rufled feathers.
I also wanted to say, I got my replacement copy of the movie yesterday, and I will be watching it this weekend, hopefully. I'll let y'all know my thoughts, and if you want to disagree with my opinion, s'okay!
To each, her own!--(or his own!)
Y'all chill.

------------------
Annie M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Basketball Diaries All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: